This competition is now closed. Please be sure to visit r3.com or follow us on Twitter at inside_r3 for updates on any future challenges.
Have a cool new business idea for blockchain technology? This year, we’re hosting our first ever Global University Pitch Competition.
The Pitch Competition is being held to support student’s efforts to identify pertinent enterprise blockchain applications. The contest will consist of two rounds: Round 1 concludes on March 14th, 2019, Round 2 concludes with a presentation on April 26th, 2019.
The Pitch Competition is eligible for all students, globally, currently enrolled at an academic institution, of any kind. Submissions can be from as few as one person, to as many as a team of five. No technical background is required.
Sound like a good fit? Register your interest to get started!
- First Place: $15,000 USD. Second place $3,000 USD, Third Place $2,000 USD.
- An email from Satoshi himself forwarded (from Mike Hearn) to your team’s inbox. Wouldn’t it be cool to have a message forwarded from THE Satoshi arrive in your inbox?
- Free office space in an R3 office (NY, London, or Singapore) from June – September of 2019.
- Consideration for admission into R3’s EIR (Entrepreneurship in Residence) program, and will present in front of Adroc Technology Partner’s Investment Committee.
- Breakout Session presentation slot at R3’s flagship event CordaCon in 2019.
- 15 minute Showcase Call exposure to the R3 universe of partners and global banks.
- Prime real estate in the R3 Ledger, a blockchain newsletter delivered to 15,000 people in R3’s community across the enterprise blockchain space. The article will include a description of the idea and biographies of the students.
- Media exposure as available – Potential placement of article describing your idea at a news outlet, co-written with the R3 Research team.
- Corda Swag: Shirts, yo-yos, stickers
- Read the rules
- Check out our resources here
- Register your interest on this page
- Email the Pitch Application (download here) to firstname.lastname@example.org March 14, 2019.
February 21st, 2019 – Webinar 1: Welcome to the Competition & Intro to R3, Corda.
February 28th, 2019 – Webinar 2: What Makes an Appropriate Use Case for Corda?
March 14th, 2019 – “Pitch Competition Application” due by email to email@example.com.
April 24th, 2019 – “Pitch Competition Powerpoint Deck” due by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
April 26th, 2019 – Final Presentation Event: Ten Minutes in the War Room.
Both rounds will be evaluated on five criteria on a scale from 1-5. Scores will be consolidated into a composite score. Upon request to email@example.com, teams can receive their composite score and feedback about the submission.
- The Problem: Is there a real industry business problem?
- The Technology Fit: Can blockchain technology (and specifically Corda) address the particular use case?
- The Process: How would the team go about building the solution to the problem?
- The Presentation: How polished and well developed is the approach?
- Feasibility: What is the feasibility of the approach’s success (viability of the business model, consideration of merits vs. risks)?