R3 is a financial innovation firm that leads a consortium partnership with over 100 of the world’s leading financial institutions. We work together to design and deliver advanced distributed ledger technologies to the global financial markets.
R3 has employees based in over 11 (and counting!) countries across the globe, with our headquarters in London, alongside office locations in New York City and Singapore. Our vibrant and centrally located offices are filled with collaborative spaces, healthy (and some not so healthy!) snacks and state of the art work spaces and equipment.
The R3 Sales team is looking to hire an Enterprise Sales Professional to join our office in Seoul. In this role, you will guide the adoption of R3’s Corda enterprise platform by our enterprise customers in the financial services industry. You will be closely aligned with the regional account teams and technical pre-sales professionals in order to meet demanding growth targets over the coming years. You’ll need to have excellent sales, communication and people skills as you’ll be a key part of the R3 Sales organisation, interacting with both internal and external stakeholders.
As an Enterprise Sales Professional, you’ll also need to have a balance of technical expertise, passion for distributed ledger technology and a detailed understanding of business processes and IT problems faced at the enterprise level in financial services companies. In the evangelist part of the role, you may be asked to speak at events and technical forums to everyone from CIOs to user groups about R3’s technologies. You will continuously learn about new technologies and how they can be applied to solve enterprise challenges.
- Sell R3’s Corda enterprise platform solutions portfolio by generating opportunities in a designated set of accounts or territories
- Promote R3’s value proposition to prospective customers within a highly competitive market
- Meet quantitative and qualitative performance expectations
- Set high standards for articulation and presentation of key messages to C-level executives
- Use your knowledge of the financial industry to navigate and influence enterprise technology buying practices
- Collaborate with the wider Global Sales team to advance key Corda opportunities
- Collaborate with our Product Management function to help drive the evolution of our product suite
- Build relationships of trust with key customer decision-makers and influencers
- Work with R3’s Ecosystem Development team to sell with relevant partners and ISV’s
- Present at forums and community events to raise awareness of R3’s Corda platform enterprise software solutions portfolio
- Interact with R3 Division Leads and team leaders
- 10-15 years of experience in a solutions sales role with significant strategic selling experience to C-level decision makers
- Must have thorough understanding of enterprise selling and demonstrated success against quota in a highly competitive environment
- Knowledge of and experience with selling technology and/or consulting projects to the financial industry, preferably into banks, capital markets and insurance firms
- Big-ticket technology sales experience is required along with a keen understanding of financial industry buying practices
- Extensive sales experience in enterprise middleware, database and infrastructure related products
- Good communication and technical skills that enable customer relationship development at engineering, commercial and executive levels
- Excellent technical understanding of our solutions; ability to understand customer business challenges and technology requirements
- Ability to produce a narrative to customers around a broad portfolio of solutions to help meet business objectives
- Passion for blockchain and distributed ledger technologies and use cases
- Solutions sales mentality in a company with multiple offerings and solutions
- Proven ability to work seamlessly with global, cross-functional teams to achieve success on behalf of customers
- Balance of strategic, tactical and technical and creative thinking skills
- Fluency in Korean is essential