R3 is an enterprise blockchain software firm working with a broad ecosystem of more than 300 members and partners across multiple industries from both the private and public sectors to develop on Corda, our open-source blockchain platform, and Corda Enterprise, a commercial version for enterprise usage.
Our global team of over 200 professionals in 13 countries is supported by over 2,000 technology, financial, and legal experts drawn from our global member base.
The Corda platform is already being used in industries from financial services to healthcare, shipping, insurance and more. It records, manages, executes institutions’ financial agreements in perfect synchrony with their peers, creating a world of frictionless commerce.
Reporting to the Accounts Receivable/ Payable Manager the position will be responsible for processing all AP and AR transactions and carrying out Credit Control activities across the R3 Group. The candidate will develop expert knowledge of R3’s NetSuite ERP tool, using the system to efficiently and accurately process timely outputs.
The candidate will liaise with internal and external stakeholders, suppliers and customers to ensure accurate and timely processing and settlement of transactions, maintaining the highest quality of working capital cash management.
Responsibilities – Accounts Payable
- Process purchase invoices in an accurate and timely manner, proposing twice monthly payment runs for validation and approval by regional Financial Controllers
- Accurately process local sales tax (VAT, GST, SUT) for input into periodic returns
- Maintain and control the accounts payable email inbox, ensuring a consistent and coherent storage methodology is in place
- Manage relationships with internal stakeholders and external suppliers, including onboarding new suppliers, resolving queries, providing remittances and reconciling accounts/ debit balances in a proactive manner
- Deal with all queries and liaise with all relevant internal departments to ensure queries are responded to promptly
- Provide information to all internal and external audit queries as they arise in relation to accounts payable accounts, payments and ledgers
Responsibilities – Accounts Receivable/Credit Control
- Raise all customer invoices, ensuring invoices are raised in line with the company policies and specific country or regional requirements
- Accurately invoice local sales tax (VAT, GST, SUT) in line with local regulation, providing input into periodic returns
- Liaise with R3’s Professional Services team to ensure accurate and timely invoicing of time-based services (PS hours) and rechargeable expenses
- Establish strong working relationships with customers, including assisting with new customer onboarding (credit checks, application forms, tax forms etc)
- Proactively contact customers via phone and or email to ensure timely payment of invoices
- Manage all internal and external audit queries as they arise in relation to accounts receivable accounts, payments and ledgers
Responsibilities – Cash Management/Other
- Daily upload into R3’s finance system (NetSuite) of bank statements, ensuring cash allocation of all items to AP/AR ledgers
- Assist with credit card management for the business including reconciling credit card statements for excel upload into NetSuite
- Process the monthly payment of employee expenses via the Expensify system
- Process inter-company cash-flow funding across the R3 Group
- Previous experience of accounts payable, accounts receivable and general accounting procedures, gained working within a fast-moving, high volume environment
- Experience raising multi-currency invoices and working with different VAT rates
- Experience of credit control
- Previous exposure to NetSuite advantageous; advanced Excel skills essential
- Knowledge of UK VAT and US SUT
- Personal Competencies
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and able to demonstrate initiative
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal guidance.
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams.