R3 is an enterprise blockchain software firm working with a broad ecosystem of more than 300 members and partners across multiple industries from both the private and public sectors to develop on Corda, our open-source blockchain platform, and Corda Enterprise, a commercial version for enterprise usage.
Our global team of over 200 professionals in 13 countries is supported by over 2,000 technology, financial, and legal experts drawn from our global member base.
The Corda platform is already being used in industries from financial services to healthcare, shipping, insurance and more. It records, manages, executes institutions’ financial agreements in perfect synchrony with their peers, creating a world of frictionless commerce.
Reporting directly to the Group Finance Director, we are looking for a well-rounded, qualified accountant to manage the group’s FP&A function. Based in London, this is a hands on position which will work closely with the group Finance Director and CFO to implement and deliver R3’s group finance activities, across all aspects of Board and internal management reporting, external shareholder reporting and financial planning and forecasting.
You will demonstrate strong accounting and analytical skills, alongside excellent communication and interpersonal skills, working closely with senior management across the organisation.
Responsibilities – Planning and Forecasting
- Run the annual and 3-year group planning process, including the preparation of divisional level budgets and company-wide report for review by the CFO and CEO
- Prepare R3’s annual budget and 3-year plan report for presentation to the Board
- Run the quarterly group Board forecast and reporting process, utilising systemised reporting to produce an integrated group quarterly forecasting model across P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow
- Develop a monthly cashflow forecasting model for reporting cash to R3’s ExecCo
Responsibilities – Consolidation, Business Reporting and External Shareholder Reporting
- Hold responsibility for the month end close timetable and reporting process across the group
- Run the group PL consolidation process, including review of business unit level performance against budget and forecast
- Build a robust challenge and review process for business unit leaders and geographical Financial Controllers / Finance Business Partners in order to ensure the highest integrity of close process and financial statements
- Partner extensively with key internal stakeholders to understand business performance and their impact on financial results
- Produce the monthly Exec pack for the group, including production of insightful commentary and trend analysis
- Produce the quarterly and annual external shareholder reporting pack for publication to R3’s investor data room
Responsibilities – Modelling and KPIs
- Develop and implement monthly reporting and analysis against KPIs for R3’s ExecCo
- Work with geographical Finance Controllers to build KPIs, models and reporting in key operational areas (e.g. profitability of Professional Services delivery)
- Design and build business case framework models for divisional business unit leaders to utilise in validating investment and operational decision making
- Model new acquisitions and strategic initiatives, including validation of pricing proposals and deal structures
- Assist with Ad hoc reporting and projects for the Group Finance Director, CFO and CEO
- Qualified member of an accountancy body with at least 5 years’ post qualified experience
- Strong academics, including a minimum 2:1 or equivalent undergraduate degree
- Proven experience of utilising excel-based system tools to deliver streamlined reporting and modelling
- Knowledge of US GAAP and NetSuite reporting packages advantageous but not essential
- FP&A or Group Reporting experience in a multinational, multi-currency environment
- Commercially astute, articulate and technically strong
- Exceptional communication skills with demonstrable ability to influence key stakeholders at all levels of the organisation
- Strong IT skills, with a focus on system development
- Ability to handle high levels of pressure and critical decision-making
- Highly motivated, with a commitment to innovation in pursuit of business growth and success