R3 is a financial innovation firm that leads a consortium partnership with over 100 of the world’s leading financial institutions. We work together to design and deliver advanced distributed ledger technologies to the global financial markets.
R3 has employees based in over 11 (and counting!) countries across the globe, with our headquarters in London, alongside office locations in New York City and Singapore. Our vibrant and centrally located offices are filled with collaborative spaces, healthy (and some not so healthy!) snacks and state of the art work spaces and equipment.
We are seeking an experience Product Manager to help us drive this revolution. As the business owner of our solution you will live at the intersection of business, technology and the customer. With a sense of urgency and determination you will break down complex problems to make data-driven decisions that best serve stakeholders.
Product Managers are responsible for building business and pricing models, identifying moves to grow the business in current and adjacent markets, representing products to customers and the market. The ultimate measure of your success is the success of your products in the market. Driving the product roadmap and detailed functionality to best capture the opportunity at hand you realise a product strategy is a balance of technical capability, user experience, market forces and customer needs.
Note this is a role that requires proven technical skills and is an entry level Product Manager role.
- Stakeholder engagement. Act as the interface to the product team for engaging stakeholders on inbound product requirements.
- Use cases. Ongoing gathering of use cases that will help create the best solution for distributed ledger technologies in our target market satisfying the needs of varying stakeholders. Document use cases in detailed descriptions along with flows that capture the business and systems in before and after states.
- Requirements and specifications. Consolidate uses cases into granular requirements that can be understood in a consistent framework and architecture. Work with our engineers to create detailed specifications enabling them to design and build features that will satisfy the stated requirements.
- Prioritisation. Use knowledge of the needs of the stakeholders and the relevant opportunity to determine a prioritisation for requested features. Work in partnership with the program management team to determine committed delivery dates for features.
- Delivery. Work with the Program Management team to establish a detailed delivery schedule. Partner with the test team to ensure the solution meets the product specifications.
- Communications. Manage the outbound product communications including the roadmap as well as specific commitments on features to stakeholders.
- Education. As the product feature owner take responsibility for internal education on functionality, roadmap and broad capabilities. Work in partnership with the product marketing, services and ecosystem teams to deliver this knowledge to broader audiences.
- Analytics. Establish, track and continually adjust the products and network services based on a designed feedback loop and experiments. Establish and drive KPIs related to the product.
- Innovate. Capture and generate ideas that may exist outside the immediate view of the stakeholders to drive the broad, revolutionary capabilities of DLT to innovate on behalf of our stakeholders.
- BA/BS in computer science or engineering or equivalent practical experience
- 5-8 years of relevant work experience in enterprise or related software
- Experience driving complex technology projects
- Experience with software engineering practices
- Must understand the sales and marketing process for enterprise solutions
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Prior experience in Product Management roles
- Excellent organisational and analytical skills with strong technical abilities