R3 is an enterprise blockchain software firm working with a broad ecosystem of more than 300 members and partners across multiple industries from both the private and public sectors to develop on Corda, our open-source blockchain platform, and Corda Enterprise, a commercial version for enterprise usage.
Our global team of over 190 professionals in 13 countries is supported by over 2,000 technology, financial, and legal experts drawn from our global member base.
Our Corda platform is already being used in industries from financial services to healthcare, shipping, insurance and more. It records, manages, executes institutions’ financial agreements in perfect synchrony with their peers, creating a world of frictionless commerce.
The Finance team are looking for a Trainee Management Accountant to join the London team. This position will work across all aspects of Finance for R3, reporting directly to the Finance Manager (EMEA).
You will demonstrate strong accounting and analytical skills, alongside excellent communication and interpersonal skills, working closely with senior management across the organisation.
Duties & Responsibilities: Management Accounting
- Contribute to the production of month end management accounts, including P&L and Balance Sheet with supporting analytical narrative for multiple entities and products
- Work closely with both in house and external accounting functions to ensure the correct reporting of costs and revenues
- Be responsible for transactional level postings across General Ledger accounts including but not limited to accruals, prepayments, Fixed Assets, deferred & accrued income and cash.
- Be responsible for sub ledger postings and associated bank / cash payments and receipts for all Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable activities
- Retain responsibility for ensuring Intercompany accounts reconcile, including multi-currency revaluation of month end positions.
- Prepare complete and accurate balance sheet positions, supported through monthly balance sheet reconciliations and analysis
- Prepare complete and accurate bank reconciliations on a monthly basis
Duties & Responsibilities: Business Reporting and Planning
- Support the Finance Manager (EMEA) in the provision of accurate and timely monthly financials to senior management, providing analysis and projections of current and future performance
- In conjunction with the wider Finance team and Senior Management support the production of an annual plan and longer term 3 year plan
Duties & Responsibilities: Statutory Compliance and Control
- Contribute towards the preparation and filing of annual accounts
- Liaise with internal and external teams to ensure that the regulatory requirements of all statutory bodies are met
- Follow defined Group-wide policies to ensure the adherence to and effectiveness of financial controls for legal entities
Duties & Responsibilities: Taxation
- Ensure monthly Transfer Pricing costs and revenues are reconciled and journaled across the group, ensuring inter-company transactions are accurately reflected in the underlying books and records of the relevant legal entities
- Ensure all direct and indirect tax returns are completed, filed and paid on time
Education & Experience:
- Studying towards an appropriate Accounting university degree and having completed a placement in industry you are looking for an internship before returning to university for your final year
- Commercially astute, articulate and technically strong
- Exceptional communication skills at all levels
- Strong IT skills, with a focus on system development
- Ability to handle high levels of pressure and critical decision-making
- Highly motivated, with a commitment to innovation in pursuit of business growth and success
- Please note the start date for this position is Monday 29th June and our internship program lasts for 12 weeks; at present we can only consider applicants that commit to these time frames.
- Moreover, we cannot provide sponsorship for this position so in order to be considered, candidates will need to have the right to work in the UK
- Vibrant, centrally located offices (with snacks provided)
- Private Medical & Dental (location dependent)
- Retirement scheme & life insurance
- Enhanced parental leave & family friendly policies
- Competitive vacation allowance
- Working from home & flexible working (as needed and agreed)
- A competitive salary that reflects your experience and merit
- Discretionary Equity Based Incentive Plan
- Discretionary bonus (or commission based incentive plan)
- Employee Referral Program
Our values are our DNA. They define what we stand for and guide how we work together internally and with our customers, partners, and shareholders.
The success of our customers is paramount. We build strong relationships and strive to create the best possible experience for them.
We bring together all parts of the ecosystem and give our customers the tools and environment to work together to change their industries.
We have the agility of a small company, but the confidence and ambition of the industry-defining titan we aspire to become.
We demand excellence and take pride in our products and services.