Reporting to the Accounts Receivable/ Payable Manager the position will be responsible for processing all AP and AR transactions and carrying out Credit Control activities across the R3 Group. The candidate will develop expert knowledge of R3’s NetSuite ERP tool, using the system to efficiently and accurately process timely outputs.
The candidate will liaise with internal and external stakeholders, suppliers, and customers to ensure accurate and timely processing and settlement of transactions, maintaining the highest quality of working capital cash management.
- Process purchase invoices in an accurate and timely manner, proposing twice-monthly payment runs for validation and approval by regional Financial Controllers
- Accurately process local sales tax (VAT, GST, SUT) for input into periodic returns
- Maintain and control the accounts payable email inbox, ensuring a consistent and coherent storage methodology is in place
- Manage relationships with internal stakeholders and external suppliers, including onboarding new suppliers, resolving queries, providing remittances, and reconciling accounts/ debit balances in a proactive manner
- Deal with all queries and liaise with all relevant internal departments to ensure queries are responded to promptly
- Provide information to all internal and external audit queries as they arise in relation to accounts payable accounts, payments, and ledgers
Accounts Receivable / Credit Control
- Raise all customer Sales Orders and invoices, ensuring invoices are raised in line with the company policies and specific country or regional requirements
- Accurately invoice local sales tax (VAT, GST, SUT) in line with local regulation, providing input into periodic returns
- Establish strong working relationships with customers, including assisting with new customer onboarding (credit checks, application forms, tax forms, etc)
- Proactively contact customers via phone and or email to ensure timely payment of invoices
- Maintain Accounts Receivable ledger and follow credit control policy to ensure timely payment of invoices
- Manage all internal and external audit queries as they arise in relation to accounts receivable accounts, payments, and ledgers
Cash management / Other
- Weekly upload into R3’s finance system (NetSuite) of bank statements, reconciling, and reporting weekly.
- Assist with credit card management for the business including reconciling credit card statements for excel upload into NetSuite
- Review and Approve Employee expenses, ensuring compliance with company policies
- Process inter-company cash-flow funding across the R3 Group
The role will be involved with plenty of ad hoc work and project work as required and will provide the successful candidate with significant opportunities to challenge and improve the existing processes in the areas of AP, AR, Credit Control, and Treasury Requirements
We are looking for someone who is self-motivated and driven to deliver at a high standard. The candidate must be able to manage their own workload to deliver to the time scales and internal SLAs demanded of the function. You must also be able to manage internal stakeholders along with customers and suppliers. You will be an organized, hardworking, friendly, and confident individual, with excellent communication and interpersonal skills to fit into the company culture.
- Previous experience of accounts payable accounts receivable and general accounting procedures gained working within a fast-moving, high volume environment
- Experience raising multi-currency invoices and working with different VAT rates
- Experience in credit control
- Previous exposure to Net Suite advantageous; advanced Excel skills essential
- Knowledge of UK VAT and US SUT
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and able to demonstrate initiative
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal guidance.
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams.
- Must be organized and have the ability to manage multiple projects in parallel whilst meeting internal/external deadlines
- Ability to handle high levels of pressure and critical decision-making
- Strong team mentality
At R3, we encourage a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you don’t meet all of the above criteria, but you think you’d be a great addition to R3, send us your CV. We’re always interested in meeting collaborative people who are excited to work with us.