R3 is a financial innovation firm that leads a consortium partnership with over 100 of the world’s leading financial institutions. We work together to design and deliver advanced distributed ledger technologies to the global financial markets.
R3 has employees based in over 11 (and counting!) countries across the globe, with our headquarters in London, alongside office locations in New York City and Singapore. Our vibrant and centrally located offices are filled with collaborative spaces, healthy (and some not so healthy!) snacks and state of the art work spaces and equipment.
We are looking for a versatile Azure Administrator who is motivated by achievement, loves working in a close-knit team, wants to be trusted to use and develop their tech skills, to learn without limits, and be at the forefront of a true technology revolution.
Ideally, you would have come from a start-up/small firm where you need to be good at everything, and happy to tackle items that don’t necessarily belong in your back yard. You’ll be used to working in a small team where social interaction is as high as the work rate. You’ll go the extra mile for the person sitting next to you as you know they would do exactly the same thing for you. You’ll be used to having the freedom to make decisions without too much oversight – but at the same time you’ll own the responsibility to get things right.
You’ll be responsible for the upkeep, configuration and reliable operation of R3’s Azure resources & Office 365 plus any associated toolsets. You will seek to ensure (through a mixture of technical administration, reporting, documentation and process/policy creation), that the cost, access, availability and security of those environments and associated resources is controlled. You will work alongside, and support our DevOps, Security Ops and other teams/users within R3 – therefore being a team player, having a great personality, a sense of humour, being able to work under pressure, being empathetic towards different cultures, communicating effectively and hitting deadlines are all paramount to enjoying life at R3.
- Manage all R3 Azure subscriptions and resources.
- Analyse resource utilisation and consumption – recommend and implement cost reduction solutions.
- Assure resource creation adheres to Policy.
- Implement and manage role based access control (RBAC).
- Export and analyse reports from Azure using native Azure toolsets.
- Integrate on premises network with Azure Services.
- Manage identities between and across on premises equipment and Azure AD.
- Implement and manage Azure Active Directory (AAD).
- Manage Azure AD objects (users, groups, and devices).
- Implement and manage hybrid identities.
- Ensure compliance with multi-factor authentication (MFA).
- Change owner for all changes in Azure including (and not exclusively) creation of service principals etc.
- Create tooling to allow simple management of Azure/O365 resources.
Qualifications – must have:
- Good broad understanding of first-line technology operations, for example: monitoring, IAM (Identity and Access Management), cloud architecture, data loss prevention, IT change, transformation, IT resilience & infrastructure
- 5+ years of experienced with scripting in any credible language (PowerShell, bash, python etc).
- 5+ years of experience with O365 administration.
- 5+ years of experience with AADDS/ADDDS implementation.
- Experience using Azure API (Azure CLI or PowerShell).
- Experience with managing and administrating DNS
- Good influencing and communication skills to ensure effective stakeholder management across all levels within the organisation and allowing win-win situations.
- An ability to convey complex problems simply.
- Confident in challenging others, whilst at the same time maintaining and building professional relationships
- Personal resilience and drive to succeed. Self-motivated to achieve against targets
- An ability to remain calm, professional and decisive when in pressurised situations
- The ability to articulate and stand behind what’s right for the business
- Excellent organisational abilities which will allow you to balance multiple work streams, and ensure your colleagues are always in the know.
- Experience of working in highly regulated environments, ideally within Financial Services.
Qualifications – nice to have:
- Experience of configuration management and orchestration (ansible, chef, puppet, terraform).
- Experience of designing Active Directory
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Administrator Associate (AZ103)
- Microsoft Certified: AZ300 and AZ301