Business Operations Support to the CEO role plays a key role across R3. The successful applicant will serve as a confidante for the Chief Executive Officer, assisting them with managing a busy workload maintaining the strategic direction of R3. You will augment the CEO’s capabilities, deal with issues you identify before they are brought to the CEO and delivering analysis and strategic thinking to aid effective decision making.
You will ensure smooth communication between the CEO’s office and internal departments; demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support with senior management staff. You will prepare correspondence, documents and presentations that are often confidential and critical to the direction of R3.
This role will give you exposure across R3 at the highest level and to all parts of the business. As you progress in the role you will be expected to use what you’re learning to expand your remit, exert more influence in the business and ultimately take on a management role within the business in the future.
- Day to day responsibilities include:
- Communications, staying one step ahead of the CEO
- Manage communication on behalf of the CEO, responding on behalf of the CEO’s office and ensuring that any items requiring the CEO’s attention contain the detail and analysis required for a quick decision.
- Be proactive behind the scenes to solve problems, mediate disputes, and deal with issues.
- Leverage your understanding of R3 to improve the communication flow between the CEO and the rest of the business.
- Alongside the CEOs EA manage incoming diary requests to ensure the CEO is presented with the right information and advice at the right time, enabling him to be most effective.
- Write (keynotes, internal / external communications, etc.) on behalf of the CEO.
- Research and strategic analysis
- Rapidly develop an understanding of the business, its key levers, strategy, and annual delivery plans.
- Work with other parts of the business, research internal opportunities, external competitors, industry activity, and present findings to the CEO and Chief of Staff.
- Produce documentation and presentations summarizing your research, making recommendations and suggestions for next steps that will aid in setting R3’s direction and the CEO’s decision making.
- Stakeholder management:
- Build strong relationships with senior stakeholders across the business (Executive Committee, Board Members, Assistants, Leadership Team) and become a point of contact for team inquiries.
- Exceptional motivation, prepared to “go the extra mile” when required to deliver a better outcome for the CEO
- Versatile stakeholder management skills and experience working with senior leaders
- High emotional intelligence
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills and grasp of Microsoft Office
- A do-er…must have the ability and desire to ‘roll your sleeves’ up and get it done
- Loyal, trustworthy, discreet
- Company-first attitude
- A natural problem-solver
- Respectful of all and the ability to gain the respect of all
- Highly organized and structured
- Individual contributor, but also working closely with the rest of the CEO office team to ensure smooth running of all things CEO related
- Minimum 3 years’ experience at top-tier consulting firm, financial institution, leading technology company, or breakout startup