Joining our Confidential Computing division for the summer the Software Engineer interns will witness and contribute first-hand to the use of cutting-edge technology to solve real world challenges. The team is responsible for the development, test and release of Conclave – platform for confidential computing using Intel SGX.
See www.r3.com/platform-conclave for more information about the platform.
- Design and develop applications using Conclave platform
- Work on open ended problems under the guidance of an engineer from the Office of the CTO team (research team at R3)
- Show technical writing abilities by contributing to technical reports and documentation
- Participate in validating the developer documentation and ‘developer experience’ for Conclave by executing steps and concepts defined therein. Provide constructive feedback to developers to help maintain a high level of quality
- Assist in creating, building and executing test scenarios for Conclave under the guidance of test engineers
- Give tech talks and demos to the team on the project you were working on
Education & Experience
- Computer Science / Mathematics / Engineering student, proficient in Java or Kotlin
- Flexible with the ability to work independently in addition to working productively alongside software engineers and project managers in the team
- Demonstrable interest in privacy, security and cryptography (university courses on those topics are enough)
- Strong organisational and interpersonal skills and ability to successfully manage tasks as well as excellent verbal, written and oral communication skills
- Proactive, conscientious, self-motivated and goal oriented with excellent attention to detail
- Previous intern experience is a plus but not essential
- Please note the start date for this position is Monday 21st June (subject to change) and our internship program lasts for 12 weeks; at present we can only consider applicants that commit to these time frames.
- Moreover, we cannot provide sponsorship for this position so in order to be considered, candidates will need to have the right to work in the UK
- We hope to be able to offer at least some (if not all) of the 12 week internship in person this year- although this will be dependent on the ongoing pandemic and each countries individual guidelines and restrictions.
How We’re Handling Covid-19
We are extremely grateful to continue to grow as a company during these unprecedented times. Our #1 priority is the health, safety, and wellbeing of our current and future R3’ers. We want to share with you what we’re doing and what you can expect throughout our interview and on-boarding processes.
Since March, most R3’ers have been working remotely, although we have opened some key office locations global, with limited capacity for those that cannot work from home or need to come into the office.
As you go through the virtual interview process with us, please don’t worry if children or pets make a guest appearance. We understand these things happen- it’s real life after all! If we are fortunate enough to welcome you to the team, we’ll get a laptop couriered to you and get you set up virtually on your first day. We also provide you with a “Work From Home” allowance to enable you to purchase some equipment to be more comfortable and productive.
We Have And Will Continue To Take Steps To Ease Some Of The Burden For Our R3’ers
We understand that Work From Home (WFH) life can be challenging in many ways, so some of the additional support measures we have in place include;
- New Starter WFH allowance (as mentioned above) to get you setup to work productively at home
- Additional access to wellbeing resources (as well as the support provided as part of your Vitality Private Medical) including a year’s free subscription to the Headspace app and modules on our Lessonly training platform from MindGym (including Goal getting, Stress Busters and Virtual Work)
- We also have additional health and wellbeing resources available on our wiki pages when you join.
R3 may process the personal data collected or identified as being imported in accordance with R3’s Recruitment Privacy. Read the policy here. In particular, R3 will use the personal data provided for the purposes of processing your application for the role you have applied for, to assess your suitability for the role as well as to enter into a contract with you if you are successfully brought onto the R3 team.