R3 is a financial innovation firm that leads a consortium partnership with over 100 of the world’s leading financial institutions. We work together to design and deliver advanced distributed ledger technologies to the global financial markets.
R3 has employees based in over 11 (and counting!) countries across the globe, with our headquarters in London, alongside office locations in New York City and Singapore. Our vibrant and centrally located offices are filled with collaborative spaces, healthy (and some not so healthy!) snacks and state of the art work spaces and equipment.
We are looking for a versatile Service Manager who is motivated by achievement, loves working in a close-knit team, wants to be trusted to use and develop their ITSM skills, to learn without limits, and be at the forefront of a true technology revolution.
Ideally, you would have come from a start-up/small firm where you need to be good at everything, and happy to tackle items that don’t necessarily belong in your back yard. You’ll be used to working in a small team where social interaction is as high as the work rate. You’ll go the extra mile for the person sitting next to you as you know they would do exactly the same thing for you. You’ll be used to having the freedom to make decisions without too much oversight – but at the same time you’ll own the responsibility to get things right.
You’ll be responsible for the upkeep, configuration and reliable operation of R3’s Production, Testing, Staging and QA Environments plus any associated toolsets. You will seek to ensure (through a mixture of reporting, documentation, process/policy creation), that the uptime, performance, availability and security of those environments and associated resources is maintained to industry standards – 99.999% availability, SOC2 compliant etc. You will work alongside, and support our Customers, the Business, Engineering, Security Ops and other teams within R3 – therefore being a team player, having a great personality, a sense of humour, being able to work under pressure, being empathetic towards different cultures, communicating effectively and hitting deadlines are all paramount to enjoying life at R3.
- Chair the Change Control Board (CCB). Manage the change processes and procedures to authorise changes and minimise downtime of the Corda Network and associated infrastructure.
- Create, maintain and publish the master change schedule.
- Ensure the appropriate governance is in place to provide successful delivery of all changes and releases
- Ensure investigation and analysis is carried out against a full range of incident types across services delivered to our customers.
- Identify underlying root causes, ensure corrective actions and eradication measures are identified and implemented to minimise the risk of future disruption to services.
- Help prioritise the workload of technical teams across multiple functions to deliver against action plans and investigations ensuring known errors are identified, service improvement plans are managed, and future disruption is minimised in accordance with agreed service levels and KPIs.
- Develop frameworks with control owners and stakeholders on risk tolerance and mitigations
- Drive closure of technology issues and actions resulting from audits or other reviews
- Proactively identify emerging risks and engage with technology teams with an excellent understanding of the business context
- Maintain the completeness and accuracy of IT risks and mitigating actions in risk register
- Create and promote a reporting and analytics framework based on agreed strategy and design.
- Collate and produce the Service Management reporting/dashboards required to support the regular governance forums (internal and external)
- Responsible for creating, and automating where possible, reporting/dashboards for management teams to support KPI and SLA management
- Provide in-depth insights into operations and balance user satisfaction and SLAs with operational overhead
- Good broad understanding of first-line technology ops (not hands on) – not limited to; monitoring, database/application security, IAM (Identity and Access Management), cloud architecture, security testing, data loss prevention, network security, vulnerability management, IT change, transformation, IT resilience & infrastructure
- Experience in designing and implementing ITSM support services in growth environments
- Experience in defining, developing and operating Service Management reporting
- Good influencing and communication skills to ensure effective stakeholder management across all levels within the organisation and allowing win-win situations. An ability to convey complex problems simply.
- Confident in challenging others, whilst at the same time maintaining and building professional relationships
- Personal resilience and drive to succeed. Self-motivated to achieve against targets
- An ability to remain calm, professional and decisive when in pressurised situations
- The ability to articulate and stand behind what’s right for the customer
- Excellent organisational abilities which will allow you to balance multiple work streams, and ensure your colleagues are always in the know.
- Experience of working in highly regulated environments, ideally within Financial Services.
Nice to haves:
- TILv3 Practitioner/Intermediate or v4 Managing Professional
- Security/risk qualifications (CISSP, CISM, CRISC, CISA, ISO)
- Knowledge of IT controls and frameworks including ISO 27001, COBIT, ITIL and NIST Cyber Security Framework