- Leads cross-functional diligence teams including members of R3’s engineering, finance, regulatory, and legal teams for all new investment opportunities for R3.
- Oversees corporate development activities including acquisitions, divestments and strategic partnerships and being responsible for aspects of deal execution including origination, negotiation, documentation, diligence, and integration planning/execution.
- Presents investment proposals with detailed financial forecasts to R3’s Investment Committee, explaining the importance of the various investment/acquisition opportunities in light of the financial projections identifying emerging technologies which may enhance R3’s blockchain platform and recommended the technologies be reviewed by R3’s technology team in conjunction with appropriate business and investment models.
- Manages a portfolio of all early stage investments, supports companies in defining go-to-market strategies, expansion and in fundraising efforts through introductions to key investors in the ecosystem.
- Responsible for sourcing opportunities, conducting due diligence, negotiation, and review of legal documents for early stage investments (pre-seed, seed and series A) in enterprise software companies globally.
- Designs and develops predictive financial models and financial performance indicators, organizational policies, and investment guidelines to scale R3’s business.
- Prepares a competitive analysis of the enterprise DLT landscape and Open Source commercial strategy for R3’s senior leadership.
- Builds and maintains strategic partnerships within the blockchain ecosystem to grow R3’s network of companies and institutions which use blockchain technologies and grew ecosystem of co-investors to attract investors to Corda startups and R3’s portfolio companies.
- Researches and analyzes nascent commercial opportunities and market trends in the blockchain ecosystem.
- Analyzes financial data and business developments within the blockchain market to identify opportunities for investment and expansion.
- Supports R3’s financial and human capital investments in its ecosystem, with a mandate to bring more Corda applications to market.
- Master of Business Administration degree
- 1 year experience as Financial Analyst to include: working with blockchain software market and developing blockchain investment strategy; investing in early stage companies; coordinating due diligence efforts for private equity funds throughout full project cycle; conducting research on drivers and trends of emerging market growth and developed presentations detailing benefits of investing in emerging markets and private equity; managing day-to-day communication with existing and prospective institutional clients.
At R3, we encourage a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you don’t meet all of the above criteria, but you think you’d be a great addition to R3, send us your CV. We’re always interested in meeting collaborative people who are excited to work with us.