R3 is an enterprise blockchain software firm working with a broad ecosystem of more than 300 members and partners across multiple industries from both the private and public sectors to develop on Corda, our open-source blockchain platform, and Corda Enterprise, a commercial version for enterprise usage.
Our global team of over 190 professionals in 13 countries is supported by over 2,000 technology, financial, and legal experts drawn from our global member base.
Our Corda platform is already being used in industries from financial services to healthcare, shipping, insurance and more. It records, manages, executes institutions’ financial agreements in perfect synchrony with their peers, creating a world of frictionless commerce.
The Network Operations team is looking for a fast-moving analytics and data focused intern who wants to make an impact. You will own analytics for the Corda Network and work with Operations, Product Managers and Engineers to translate this analysis into meaningful actions.
- Perform data analysis and develop effective statistical models for segmentation, classification, optimization, time series, etc
- Design and implement reporting dashboards that track key business metrics; identify and provide actionable insights, suggest recommendations and influence the direction of the network by effectively communicating results to relevant teams and the leadership
- Work closely with Operations teams to proactively manage decisions and their implementation and prioritise to ensure the team works on the most valuable cases
- Suggest improvements to the tools and techniques in order to make the team more efficient
Education & Experience:
- Experience in solving analytical problems using quantitative approaches (or equivalent)
- Database experience – SQL & NoSQL
- Experience utilizing both qualitative analysis (e.g., content analysis, phenomenology, hypothesis testing) and quantitative analysis techniques (e.g., clustering, regression, pattern recognition, descriptive and inferential statistics) as well as presenting qualitative and quantitative data
- Experience collaborating with individuals across multiple teams and differing level of seniority
- Currently has or obtaining a Masters or PhD degree in a quantitative discipline (Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Operations Research, or related field); MBA would be advantageous
- Coding experience – Python, Perl, Java, and/or C++
- Please note the start date for this position is Monday 22nd June (subject to change) and our internship program lasts for 12 weeks; at present we can only consider applicants that commit to these time frames.
- Moreover, we cannot provide sponsorship for this position so in order to be considered, candidates will need to have the right to work in the UK