R3 is an enterprise blockchain software firm working with a broad ecosystem of more than 300 members and partners across multiple industries from both the private and public sectors to develop on Corda, our open-source blockchain platform, and Corda Enterprise, a commercial version for enterprise usage.
Our global team of over 190 professionals in 13 countries is supported by over 2,000 technology, financial, and legal experts drawn from our global member base.
Our Corda platform is already being used in industries from financial services to healthcare, shipping, insurance and more. It records, manages, executes institutions’ financial agreements in perfect synchrony with their peers, creating a world of frictionless commerce.
The Professional Services team helps customers build new business models on Corda via the creation of new Corda applications (CorDapps). We help customers design, develop and deploy Corda based solutions and Corda business networks.
An intern in this space will get involved in a range of internal and customer-facing activities, helping to construct and manage commercial engagements to increase the adoption and value of Corda. Scope, people and stakeholder management are key for the role, as is the process to learn from every engagement. Each engagement will be unique as will the technical, business, legal and regulatory opportunities you will face in a complex environment helping build things nobody has ever built before.
- Providing outstanding customer service and working towards becoming a trusted advisor to our customers within technology adoption and enablement
- Supporting the team in refining the status quo and recommending changes to R3 to move faster and more effectively
- Working closely with subject matter experts within R3 drawing on deep expertise in Solution Architecture, Corda Development, DevOps, Legal and Regulatory, and Commercial & Business modelling
- Partnering with the Solution Engineering team to ensure consistent face-off to other R3 engineering teams providing customer requirements and feedback
- Assisting in managing stakeholders’ expectations with strong proactive communication
- Helping to identify, own and mitigate risks, issues, assumptions and dependencies
- Supporting delivery of weekly status report and time tracking, ensuring transparent updates and management of overall delivery health internally and to stakeholders
Education & Experience:
- 2nd year + student studying a relevant degree (business, economics, technology, computer science or similar)
- Project management an/or customer facing experience is essential
- A clear communicator who is comfortable working with a wide range of people – from highly technical engineers, to Delivery Managers, to sales, and the wider business
- Excellent organisation skills and expert knowledge in Microsoft packages
- A self-starter, with the ability to work on multiple projects and assignments with minimal supervision
- Able to excel in a fast-paced environment where priorities can change quickly
- Passionate about technology with a keen interest in Blockchain and how it can impact the world
- Please note the start date for this position is Monday 29th June (subject to change) and our internship program lasts for 12 weeks; at present we can only consider applicants that commit to these time frames.
- Moreover, we cannot provide sponsorship for this position so in order to be considered, candidates will need to have the right to work in the UK
- Vibrant, centrally located offices (with snacks provided)
- Private Medical & Dental (location dependent)
- Retirement scheme & life insurance
- Enhanced parental leave & family friendly policies
- Competitive vacation allowance
- Working from home & flexible working (as needed and agreed)
- A competitive salary that reflects your experience and merit
- Discretionary Equity Based Incentive Plan
- Discretionary bonus (or commission based incentive plan)
- Employee Referral Program
Our values are our DNA. They define what we stand for and guide how we work together internally and with our customers, partners, and shareholders.
The success of our customers is paramount. We build strong relationships and strive to create the best possible experience for them.
We bring together all parts of the ecosystem and give our customers the tools and environment to work together to change their industries.
We have the agility of a small company, but the confidence and ambition of the industry-defining titan we aspire to become.
We demand excellence and take pride in our products and services.