R3 is building the new operating system for financial markets. R3 is an enterprise software firm working with over 200 banks, financial institutions, regulators, trade associations, professional services firms and technology companies to develop Corda, our distributed ledger platform. (https://www.r3.com/about/)
Corda is a Blockchain platform built for business. Corda removes costly friction in business transactions by enabling businesses to transact directly. Using smart contract and Blockchain technology, Corda allows existing business networks to reduce transaction and record-keeping costs and to streamline business operations. Corda enables an interoperable, open network that empowers organisations to collaborate and transfer value directly with trust. Corda achieves this with complete privacy in a freely available open source software platform (https://www.corda.net/introduction/).
The Production team helps customers, partners and financial services firms build business models on Corda via the creation of new Corda applications (CorDapps) and supporting business networks. These new business models are collectively creating the new operating system for Financial Services, leveraging our once in a lifetime opportunity to transform the industry by working together. We value collaboration, innovative thinking, world-class technology, ecosystems, marketplaces and open platforms.
Work with technology companies, financial institutions, regulators and law firms to quickly validate use-cases for distributed applications built on Corda and, if viable, partner to support delivery of those solutions into production. You will be building not only world-class technology, but the new business, legal and regulatory models to support it, working with multiple customers across the globe – you should be up for a challenge and thrive in a complex environment helping build things nobody has ever built before.
Delivery Managers at R3 are given autonomy, trust and support to deliver in the most effective way.
We value five key mind-sets in the team:
• Disciplined – a disciplined approach to delivery, drawing on experience from working on
complex change and technology projects
• Experimental – lean, agile, design thinking and comfortable operating in complex and
• Open – encouragement of diverse perspectives, where everyone’s opinion is heard and
valued, and mistakes are viewed as learning opportunities
• Commercial – defining clear paths towards tangible economic benefits and return-on-investment
for clients, customers and partners
• Product – product focused starting with an understanding of customer needs, business and
commercial models and the full end-to-end process flow
- Accountable for delivery and overall project health, working with client(s) balancing scope, time and cost. Own the end-to-end delivery for R3 of the scope agreed with the client.
- Lead early stage business and technology experiments. ‘Incubator’ projects target big opportunities in the industry creating a focused hypothesis, validating with participants (5-7 banks and 1-3 partners) and developing a Corda business and technology solution.
- Lead R3 delivery teams supporting clients building on Corda. Assist client teams with expert knowledge of distributed business models and distributed technology.
- Work with clients and team to ensure functional and non-functional requirements are appropriately captured and traceably translated to design / implementation / deployment / operation.
- Work closely with subject matter experts within R3 drawing on deep expertise in Solution
- Architecture, Corda Development, DevOps, Legal and Regulatory, and Commercial & Business modelling.
- Manage stakeholders’ expectations with strong proactive communication developing deep trusted partnerships with clients.
- Identify, own and mitigate risks, issues, assumptions and dependencies
- Work with the Solution Architecture team to ensure consistent faceoff to the Corda Platform team providing customer feedback and roadmap updates.
- Create fast learning loops, obtain customer feedback and reduce cycle time. Create the shortest path possible to outcomes, amplify, pivot or kill work.
- Continuously improve the R3 Delivery Framework (a goal-based delivery approach focused on customer outcomes)
- Challenge the status quo and recommend changes to R3 to move faster and more effectively
- Deliver within the R3 PMO [minimal possible prescription] standards, always looking to improve based upon learning
- Own and deliver key documents: project proposal, project agreement, statement of work, project closure
- Deliver weekly status report and time tracking ensuring transparent updates and management of overall delivery health
- Work with Sales and Customer Relationship Management team to help develop and scope early stage ideas and customer opportunities.
- Work with R3 Partner team to identify, shortlist and select technology partners
- Communicate benefits of Corda, R3 and our collaborative model on client sites and events
- Deliver at scale by leveraging partnerships, ecosystem and platform thinking
- Provide outstanding customer service and be the face of R3
- Help create the conditions for our success and learning; mentoring, teaching, listening and learning
- Proven track record of large programme / project / product delivery typically within complex organisations or to new and challenging market segments
- High level understanding of DLT / Blockchain technologies and benefits
- Technical proficiency including ability to work directly with development teams
- Understanding of how to work with multi-national firms paired with a strong passion for driving change and innovation
- Flexibility to travel to client and partner sites for project work
- Depth in one area of Financial Services business domains – Corporate Banking, Capital Markets, Trade Finance, Cash and Payments, Risk Management etc.
- Detailed understanding of Blockchain business opportunities and platforms including Corda, Hyperledger (IBM) Fabric, Ethereum, Bitcoin etc.
- Have worked in a large enterprise, consulting firms and start-up environment
- Can code or have coded in the past
- Experience in public speaking / conference presentations etc.