We are looking for a talented Senior Solutions Engineer focused on Operations to establish best practices around containerization and Cloud infrastructure and to apply those in challenging customer projects.
As a Solutions Engineer, you will be part of the professional services team. Your mission is to help our customers implement and operate complex deployments of R3’s blockchain/distributed ledger platform Corda Enterprise. You will leverage your extensive expertise in Cloud infrastructure and operations to help our customers operate Corda reliably on-premises and in the Cloud.
As a Senior Solutions Engineer who is focused on Operations, you will be responsible for the architecture, design, and build of infrastructure to run customer solutions. You will be the go-to expert for Cloud technologies, such as Azure, AWS, and Google Cloud, within the team. You will advise R3’s customers directly and act as a point of contact for your colleagues that are facing hard deployment challenges in their customer work.
You will be focussing on creating highly scalable architectures for distributed systems, therefore, you have a strong understanding of infrastructure as code, with commercial experience in building out orchestration and infrastructure using tools such as Terraform and Ansible.
As we expand our containerization2 story using Docker and Kubernetes, you will ensure best practices are implemented at scale by providing reference implementations to the wider team. You will take responsibility for these reusable artifacts by documenting them accordingly and advocating for their use.
Due to the client-facing role nature of this role, it’s will be suited to someone who has a previous consultancy or a professional services background, please expect to travel as customers are based in Europe.
- Lead deployment workshops with R3 customers to understand their bespoke infrastructure requirements and provide guidance on best practices on how to leverage automation, containerisation, and orchestration technology to build robust infrastructure that is “ready for prime time”.
- Work hands-on in diverse customer environments (Cloud and on-Premises), following customer-mandated processes.
- Understand customer requirements and provide guidance on which deployment strategy satisfies those best.
- Define best practices for all future Professional Service deployment activities. Be the expert in this field, constantly advocating for adherence to these practices.
- Create reference implementation of automated Cloud Infrastructure and software deployments that are meticulously engineered so your colleagues in the field can rely on them.
- Provide recommendations on site reliability, specifically around monitoring and alerting.
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability, understanding scalability and disaster recovery.
- Provide feedback to engineering teams on how to improve our product based to ensure optimal deployability.
- Required: Demonstrated commercial experience with medium to large scale Kubernetes deployments
- Required: Experience with taking an infrastructure deployment from inception to production
- Required: Strong Cloud experience (Azure, AWS, and/or Google Cloud)
- Required: Experience with scripting languages as well as a polyglot attitude that welcomes picking up new languages if necessary (e.g., Ansible, Terraform)
- Desired: Experience with concerns of site reliability (e.g., experience with metrics/monitoring/alerting)
- Desired: Experience with decentralised systems such as Blockchain
- A positive and collaborative attitude with a desire to teach: You can work with juniors and seniors alike and find a way to arrive at the best possible technological solution together.
- A focus on quality and reusability: Things you build serve as an inspiration for others. The way you work allows your colleagues to quickly get up to speed with your work
Our values are our DNA. They define what we stand for and guide how we work together internally and with our customers, partners, and shareholders.
The success of our customers is paramount. We build strong relationships and strive to create the best possible experience for them.
We bring together all parts of the ecosystem and give our customers the tools and environment to work together to change their industries.
We have the agility of a small company, but the confidence and ambition of the industry-defining titan we aspire to become.
We demand excellence and take pride in our products and services.
At R3, we encourage a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you don’t meet all of the above criteria, but you think you’d be a great addition to R3, send us your CV. We’re always interested in meeting collaborative people who are excited to work with us.