R3 is seeking a Developer Community Manager to join the growing marketing team in our London office to drive awareness and grow adoption of our flagship open source blockchain platform Corda. The Dev Community Manager will help accelerate the growth of the Corda developer community though a number of tactics and initiatives including 1:1 developer engagement, digital campaigns, webinars, social, events, identification of speaking opportunities, and more. This individual will help activate the global Corda open source community and accelerate interest from startups and ISVs by targeting developers via various channels including Slack, Reddit, StackOverflow, meetup.com, Twitter, Facebook, and other D2D forums.
You will act as the liaison between the Developer Marketing team and the Developer Relations team (within Product Development), supporting the latter to maximize their efforts on the ground. While you will be a member of the marketing team, DevRel will be your key stakeholder and you will be immersed in the world of marketing to developers. You will work with Corporate and Product Marketing team members to tailor advertising and content opportunities for devs.
The candidate will ideally be a developer who has the desire to gain experience in marketing. This is a unique opportunity to parlay a DevRel or developer evangelist role into a Developer Marketer one where you can learn all aspects of marketing.
- Help to find new and unique ways to connect with our developer audience and encourage blockchain developers to use Corda as their preferred blockchain platform
- Help to develop compelling developer specific content and messaging for Corda – our open source blockchain platform
- Keep up with the latest Corda software updates, and new tools, libraries and components and translate that into messaging for campaigns
- Conceptualize and implement campaigns to promote developer facing content produced by both Marketing and the DevRel teams including videos, demos, blogs, samples and more
- Identify third party events that we should attend i.e. developer, Java, and blockchain focused conferences, hackathons, meetups, and more. Handle all sponsorships, speaking opportunities and participation.
- Identify and work with influencers and bloggers in the industry, seeking their partnership and collaboration in co-marketing efforts
- Identify unique developer marketing channels including newsletters, podcasts, google ads, and webinars; as well as identifying communities like Slack, CodeProject, CodePlex, Reddit, Meetup.com, StackOverflow, Hacker News, and other D2D forums.
- Support the DevRel team with the promotion of and logistics for Corda Bootcamps, Meetups, and other related events
- Keep the global event and editorial calendars up to date with all developer related content in the pipeline
- Support the kick-off of the Corda Ambassador program
- Write strong, effective marketing/technical content (emails, blogs, ads, etc) for external audiences
- Help to maintain and update the Corda website and all integrations
- 2-3 years’ experience in a community manager, developer relations or evangelist role; or experience marketing to developers
- 1+ years’ experience with Java
- Comfortable interacting with developer customers in person and online
- Degree in computer science or related field
- Participation in the open source community, have contributed to open source projects
- Exceptional verbal and written communication abilities
- Work with open source projects and communities
- Organizing or attending meetups and other developer-focused events
- Open, strong communicator, effective across groups, locations, and cultures, both in-person and virtually
- Ability to run quickly and adapt to a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
- Team player who can work well with a cross-functional team organized by Corporate, Product and Regional/Field Marketing
- Already have a blog or other platform where you show off your writing skills
- Corda certified
- Strong presence on social media
- B2D Marketing experience
- Vibrant, centrally located offices (with snacks provided)
- Private Medical & Dental (location dependent)
- Retirement scheme & life insurance
- Enhanced parental leave & family friendly policies
- Competitive vacation allowance
- Working from home & flexible working (as needed and agreed)
- A competitive salary that reflects your experience and merit
- Discretionary Equity Based Incentive Plan
- Discretionary bonus (or commission based incentive plan)
- Employee Referral Program
Our values are our DNA. They define what we stand for and guide how we work together internally and with our customers, partners, and shareholders.
The success of our customers is paramount. We build strong relationships and strive to create the best possible experience for them.
We bring together all parts of the ecosystem and give our customers the tools and environment to work together to change their industries.
We have the agility of a small company, but the confidence and ambition of the industry-defining titan we aspire to become.
We demand excellence and take pride in our products and services.