R3 is an enterprise blockchain software firm working with a broad ecosystem of more than 300 members and partners across multiple industries from both the private and public sectors to develop on Corda, our open-source blockchain platform, and Corda Enterprise, a commercial version for enterprise usage.
Our global team of over 190 professionals in 13 countries is supported by over 2,000 technology, financial, and legal experts drawn from our global member base.
Our Corda platform is already being used in industries from financial services to healthcare, shipping, insurance and more. It records, manages, executes institutions’ financial agreements in perfect synchrony with their peers, creating a world of frictionless commerce.
The Developer Relations team is responsible for driving the wider developer community towards Corda – with the goal of making Corda the #1 blockchain for developers and ensuring those already developing on Corda have the best possible experience.
Candidates will be hands-on software engineers and public facing brand ambassadors. Candidates will help influence the direction of Corda development both inside and outside the company.
- Iterative software development of CorDapps, from inception to development and documentation to serve as samples and learning materials for the wider developer community
- Direct engagement of the develop community through meetups, roadshows, bootcamps, hackathons, lectures, training and other channels of education
- Create engaging content to educate the developer audience through social media, videos, blog posts and documentation
- Resolve CorDapp design and development questions and share these with the wider community via Slack, live video conference, Stack Overflow and other forums
Education & Experience:
- Proven track record of development in Java and related languages (UI/UX a plus)
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to present complex technical ideas to often large non-technical audiences
- Intellectual curiosity and passionate about new technologies
- Familiarity with blockchain/distributed ledger and financial technology ideal but not required
- Able to work independently or as part of a team as well as great attention to detail, a strong work ethic, and creativity personality
- Please note the start date for this position is Monday 22nd June (subject to change) and our internship program lasts for 12 weeks; at present we can only consider applicants that commit to these time frames.
- Moreover, we cannot provide sponsorship for this position so in order to be considered, candidates will need to have the right to work in the UK