R3 is revolutionizing the way banking and commercial transactions happen with our blockchain platform, Corda. Blockchain allows for not only dramatic efficiencies in the way commercial transactions occur but enables new things that haven’t even been dreamed up yet. We are creating a new future for global commerce.
We are seeking an experienced developer relations leader to help us bring our team to the next level of maturity helping to drive a large Corda developer community. As a developer relations team lead you will need a background in development paired with proven experience in effectively reaching developers. You should have proven experience in building plans and leading a team to successful execution of the plan.
The primary responsibility of the Developer Relations team is to drive the wider developer community towards Corda with the goal of making Corda the #1 blockchain for developers. This means executing a program of reaching new developers and ensuring those already developing on Corda have the best possible experience.
The developer relations team sits among our engineers and product team but spends the majority of its time in outbound efforts to work with the community. It’s a unique role working with the world’s leading blockchain engineers and a global community of developers. The team influences the direction of Corda development both inside and outside the company.
Candidates will be hands-on software engineers with people management experience and will have a desire and capability to represent R3 as public facing brand ambassadors.
The developer relations manager is responsible for:
– Development of the developer relations team plan updated on a semi-annual basis that underpins our overall goal of developer adoption.
– Clearly stated key objectives and KPIs that will be used to measure progress against those objectives along with baseline metrics for the start of the period of measurement.
– Reporting on a monthly basis of the key results against the stated objectives as well as the metrics reported into our executive committee.
– Management of a global team for execution of the plan including tracking of the execution of the plan via our standard planning tools (Jira).
– Management of the associated budget for execution of the plan including hiring, T&E and other related budget items.
– Management of the success of the individual team members including career planning, reviews and guidance on efficient execution.
This is in support of the overall developer relations objectives which are the responsibility of the developer relations team lead:
– Acquisition. Bring net new developers to create solutions on Corda via direct engagement of the developer community through meetups, roadshows, boot camps, hackathons, lectures, training and other channels of education.
– Activation. Facilitate a great experience with Corda for developers and take them from awareness to being effective. Achieve this at scale with broad reach channels such as Slack, video conference, Stack Overflow and other forums.
– Community development. Foster a healthy community globally through user group support, a Corda Champions program.
– Content. Create content to engage the developer audience through social media, videos, blog posts and documentation.
– Open-source. Developer relations are the champions of open source. The team is responsible for gathering requirements that are essential for Corda adoption. This includes encouraging and reviewing open-source contributions.
– Samples and demos. Help showcase Corda capabilities with samples and demos that the community at large can leverage.
This position is San Francisco based and is ideal for experienced developer evangelists who wish to lead a global team in a fast-growing segment.
– Demonstrated leadership skills. Particularly desired is experience leading a globally distributed team.
– Prior experience in management of budgets and work programs of a similar nature.
– Development skills. A Computer Science degree, or equivalent experience, with a track record of development in Java and related languages.
– Presenting skills. The ability to present complex technical ideas to developers and often non-technical audiences.
– Curiosity. Experience of working with blockchain is not essential but a demonstrated curiosity about the technology and its impact are critical.
– Ability to travel. The developer relations team spends 30% of time on the road globally.
– Excellent written and verbal communication.
About R3 And Corda
R3 is building the new operating system for business. R3 is an enterprise software firm working with over 200 banks, financial institutions, regulators, trade associations, professional services firms and technology companies to develop Corda, our distributed ledger platform. (https://www.r3.com/about/)
Corda is an open source blockchain platform designed for business. It was developed by R3 in collaboration with over 200 technology and industry partners. Only Corda allows you to build interoperable blockchain networks that transact in strict privacy. Corda’s smart contract technology allows businesses to transact directly, form binding contracts and exchange real value. (https://www.corda.net).
Our values are our DNA. They define what we stand for and guide how we work together internally and with our customers, partners, and shareholders.
The success of our customers is paramount. We build strong relationships and strive to create the best possible experience for them.
We bring together all parts of the ecosystem and give our customers the tools and environment to work together to change their industries.
We have the agility of a small company, but the confidence and ambition of the industry-defining titan we aspire to become.
We demand excellence and take pride in our products and services.