Digital Assets Product Manager
We are seeking an experienced B2B Digital Product Manager to lead the delivery of Corda Digital Assets, a digital assets SDK and application that we are building on top of Corda, our market-leading enterprise distributed ledger (blockchain) platform.
At R3 we are on a mission to make it quicker and easier for participants in regulated industries to build distributed applications that enable them to interact electronically with built-in privacy, provability and trust. Embedding a digital assets capability for fixed income, equities, etc. is a key part of many of those applications, which is where Corda Digital Assets comes in.
You will engage with customers and partners globally to understand their needs for a digital assets solution for regulated financial markets built on Corda, defining the strategy and approach to deliver a development accelerator SDK and application that addresses these market needs. You will lead an agile development team to deliver this Corda-based solution, creating a compelling market offering that drives the adoption of Corda and potentially creates new revenue streams.
· Define and lead the product vision and strategy, investigating market demand, customer needs and pains, barriers to adoption, business opportunities and competitive advantage.
· Build upon your expert knowledge of the industry, competitors’ product offerings and identify market opportunities and gaps in the R3 offerings to ensure that your products remain competitive and differentiated.
· Work in partnership with your Engineering team to define product priorities and themes, co-ordinate releases and define the features and capabilities necessary to win in this market.
· Lead the pricing model for your products, validating with sales and other functions from across R3 to align sales incentives, company strategy and the broader Corda pricing model.
· Be the key representative of your products to sales, customers and the market, leading engagements with current and prospective customers and partners, R3 field teams, industry analysts, etc. to gather and utilise feedback to iteratively re-align your strategy and roadmap.
Required Skills and Experience:
· Confidence to take ownership and make clear, consistent decisions in the face of complexity and uncertainty, with the resolve to stick to them and bring everyone else on board.
· Flexibility to recognise that sometimes decisions need to change, to reflect market realities, broader strategic issues etc.
· Ability to think big and small – you should be comfortable defining a completely new experience or optimizing an existing product.
· Business-minded and analytical. You deeply understand why your products work for your customers and how to measure long-term impact.
· Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills, with the ability to communicate complex technical issues simply and convincingly to a wide range of audiences.
· Strong knowledge of digital financial assets products and market.
· Knowledge of enterprise application development market and products with an appreciation of operational practices, business functionalities and competitive landscape.
· Experience and proven success in delivering software products to market in an agile software development environment.
· BSc in computer science or engineering or equivalent practical experience.
· 10 years overall working experience in enterprise or related software.
· 8+ years of relevant work experience in capital markets.
· 3+ years of experience in Product Management or related role
Nice to Have:
· Familiarity with open source and various other cloud technologies
· Working knowledge of Java, Python and Kotin
· Experience of distributed systems.
· Experience of developer focused products and SDKs.
· Experience in regulated financial industries.
· Interest in Blockchain technology.