R3 is an enterprise blockchain software firm working with a broad ecosystem of more than 300 members and partners across multiple industries from both the private and public sectors to develop on Corda, our open-source blockchain platform, and Corda Enterprise, a commercial version for enterprise usage.
Our global team of over 200 professionals in 13 countries is supported by over 2,000 technology, financial, and legal experts drawn from our global member base.
The Corda platform is already being used in industries from financial services to healthcare, shipping, insurance and more. It records, manages, executes institutions’ financial agreements in perfect synchrony with their peers, creating a world of frictionless commerce.
About R3 Professional Services:
R3 Professional Services helps customers build new business models on Corda Enterprise via the creation of new Corda applications (CorDapps). We help customers design, build and deploy Corda based solutions and Corda business networks.
Role of Engagement Manager:
The Engagement Manager within Professional Services has the opportunity to help create the new operating system for business, leveraging our once in a lifetime opportunity to transform the industry by working together. You will have a mandate to massively reduce friction between our Sales and Delivery functions enabled by lean process, automation and continuous improvement supporting better customer outcomes, reduced cost to serve and increased repeatability.
You will apply your customer facing technical, consulting, and commercial experience to position, scope, and package professional services which enable successful adoption of the Corda Enterprise platform. You will be a support the Professional Services team and work collaboratively with R3 Sales and Production organisations to drive customer success.
You have extensive experience in customer facing sales, technical and non-technical scoping, drafting of proposals, Statement of Work (SoW) creation, and negotiation. You have a deep understanding of what it takes to successfully work and collaborate with enterprise software sales teams. You will enable delivery success by setting work up for success from the start – clear expectation setting, attention to detail, and thorough sales to delivery handoffs.
Key Outcomes Of This Role:
Reduction of cost / time to close new Professional Services deals and align Delivery teams by increasing of re-use and driving Lean process
100% of Corda Enterprise customers have appropriate Professional Services teas in place to support customer outcomes and adoption of the Corda Enterprise Platform
High customer satisfaction with R3 Professional Services enabled by accurate scoping, risk and expectation management.
Engagement Manager mind-set:
Engagement Managers at R3 work in a collaborative, trusted and supportive environment to deliver in the most effective way. We value five key mind-sets in the team:
Disciplined – a disciplined approach to delivery, drawing on experience from working on complex change and technology projects
Experimental – lean, agile, design thinking and comfortable operating in complex and emergent domains
Open – encouragement of diverse perspectives, inclusion is valued, and sustainability is encouraged
Commercial – defining clear paths towards tangible economic benefits and return-on-investment for clients, customers and partners
Product – product focused starting with an understanding of customer needs, business and commercial models and the full end-to-end process flow
- Help propagate skills and experience through development of repeatable patterns (methodologies, templates, re-usable frameworks etc.) of engagements with Customers, working closely with the accountable owners for each service offering in the Professional Services team
- Maintain and update R3 Professional Services pre-sales assets including PS pitch decks, repeatable engagement structures, Statement of Work templates, scoping tools etc.
- Support Head of Delivery and Head of Solutions Engineering in the prioritisation of work and alignment of people to new work
- Continuously improve the R3 Delivery Framework (a goal-based delivery approach focused on customer outcomes)
- Refine the status quo and recommend changes to R3 to move faster and more effectively
- Capture learnings to feed forward into future engagements to further reduce risk and improve customer journeys
- Articulate and sell the value of R3 services within prospective and existing enterprise accounts by mapping customer requirements to the R3 Services capabilities
- Work closely with Sales Representatives, Sales Engineers, Delivery Managers and Solutions Engineers to define and integrate the services solution into the comprehensive R3 proposal.
- Be the “go to person” for the Sales team when building proposals including Professional Services.
- Execute scoping activity with prospective customers and produce proposal, level of effort, Statement of Work, and resource plans; manage 5-10 SoW’s at any given time
- Plan and nuture teams involved in scoping Professional Services for our most complex solutions and the largest customers
- Identify and mitigate key delivery risks – technical, legal, operational – and ensure the proposal to the customer is setup for a successful deliver from the start
- Develop delivery structures which could involve multiple parties (R3, Customer, Partners etc.) responding to customer needs or RFP scope ensuring clear accountability, aligned incentives and a pricing for risk inherent in different models.
- Complete post-sale reviews with the delivery team to look for opportunities in improve the process, and encourage positive feedback loops
- Position Training, Delivery Management and Solutions Engineering services to ensure customer success
- Work harmoniously with partners on joint proposals and scoping to ensure partner and customer success
- Ensure smooth transition between Sales and Delivery teams, with no loss of knowledge or customer relationships
- Looking out for onward/further sales opportunities during discussions with clients
- Being recognised by customer as a trusted advisor in technology adoption and enablement
- Experience (8+ years) of delivering Professional Services and/or Consulting with complex customers and projects
- Experience (4+ years) of supporting pre-Sales activity – RFP / Proposal / Statement of Work creation to helping customer solve their business and technology needs
- Strong presentation skills: Showing the value, capabilities, and differentiators of complex service solutions using methodologies and service offerings
- Can talk knowledgeably and credibly about service delivery issues, opportunities, strategies, approaches, and alternatives
- Expert negotiation and conflict resolution skills, with the ability to understand key underlying customer needs and identify win-win solutions
- Experience as an Architect, Consultant, or Project Manager highly regarded
- High level understanding of DLT / Blockchain technologies and benefits
- Technical ability to learn Corda at a Consultant level and a Corda Certified Developer
- Understanding of how to work with multi-national firms paired with a strong passion for driving change and innovation
- Have worked in a large enterprise, consulting firms and start-up environments
- Experience and certification with Agile/Scrum based delivery methodologies highly regarded
- Certifications may include some of: Certified Disciplined Agilist (CDA), Certified LeSS Practitioner, Certified ScrumMaster (CSM), Certified Scrum Product Owner (SCPO)
- (Nice to have) – can code or have coded in the past
- (Nice to have) – detailed understanding of Blockchain business opportunities and platforms including Corda, Hyperledger Fabric, Ethereum, Bitcoin etc.
- Vibrant, centrally located offices (with snacks provided)
- Private Medical & Dental (location dependent)
- Retirement scheme & life insurance
- Enhanced parental leave & family friendly policies
- Competitive vacation allowance
- Working from home & flexible working (as needed and agreed)
- A competitive salary that reflects your experience and merit
- Discretionary Equity Based Incentive Plan
- Discretionary bonus (or commission based incentive plan)
- Employee Referral Program
Our values are our DNA. They define what we stand for and guide how we work together internally and with our customers, partners, and shareholders.
The success of our customers is paramount. We build strong relationships and strive to create the best possible experience for them.
We bring together all parts of the ecosystem and give our customers the tools and environment to work together to change their industries.
We have the agility of a small company, but the confidence and ambition of the industry-defining titan we aspire to become.
We demand excellence and take pride in our products and services.