R3 is an enterprise blockchain software firm working with a broad ecosystem of more than 300 members and partners across multiple industries from both the private and public sectors to develop on Corda, our open-source blockchain platform, and Corda Enterprise, a commercial version for enterprise usage.
Our global team of over 190 professionals in 13 countries is supported by over 2,000 technology, financial, and legal experts drawn from our global member base.
Our Corda platform is already being used in industries from financial services to healthcare, shipping, insurance and more. It records, manages, executes institutions’ financial agreements in perfect synchrony with their peers, creating a world of frictionless commerce.
Reporting to the Head of Engineering, and working alongside the Engineering leadership team, the Engineering Operations Manager is responsible for ensuring the efficient running of the Engineering division.
You will relish the opportunity to take ownership of new problems, and find bespoke solutions for them. As an effective facilitator with the ability to form and grow relationships, you will help ensure that we have optimized processes and procedures in place.
You will also assist in planning budgets, supporting hiring, and enabling the division’s product development strategy. As your role engages with teams in many different parts of
R3, your skills in collaboration and communication will help ensure that Engineering both delivers, and is seen to deliver, timely and excellent service in support of R3’s business objectives.
- Work closely with the Engineering leadership team to ensure we develop, document, and evolve, processes and procedures to support the successful operation of the division. Identify and launch any new initiatives that may be required
- Help drive continuous improvement by engaging with engineers and engineering teams to identify actionable lessons that will benefit other teams
- Lead, plan and deliver new projects that will simplify or optimize the ability of the Engineering division to deliver software at scale
- Collate and prioritise the hiring needs of the Engineering team, liaising with the Talent Acquisition and HR teams to ensure we have the right people available to support the division’s KPIs. Help shape and improve our onboarding processes to allow new hires to become knowledgable and productive as quickly as possible
- Assist with tracking and planning budgets within the division
- Liaise with stakeholders across the company to help ensure clarity around Engineering software deliverables, such that they can meet the quality, capability and timeliness needs of other teams
- Produce timely and accurate written and verbal reports on all operational aspects of the division’s activities
- 5+ years of experience managing complex operational problems in a business environment
- Analytical and enjoys solving problems
- As the role is located within R3’s Engineering division, an ideal candidate will have experience of working in an software development environment, and demonstrate understanding of some of the challenges that this might present
- Experience in effectively managing a team, either with direct line management expertise, or having been highly influential in establishing strategically important goals within a wider group
- Demonstrable expertise in planning and managing projects, most likely with a combination of academic and professional experience
- Familiarity with software project management tooling (e.g. Jira)
- Excellent listener, writer and verbal communicator, with an emphasis on first synthesizing, and then presenting, information in a persuasive manner
- A proven record of being able to work effectively with staff at all levels of a business
- A clear understanding of the need for processes and a track record of delivering valuable process improvements
- Confident in being able to work to tight deadlines and with a level of uncertainty about the best approaches that might be required when solving problems
- Strong sense of urgency and self-motivated to incrementally deliver on multiple activities at the same time
- Ability to challenge others, or be challenged by others, while remaining calm and professional