R3 is an enterprise blockchain software firm working with a broad ecosystem of more than 300 members and partners across multiple industries from both the private and public sectors to develop on Corda, our open-source blockchain platform, and Corda Enterprise, a commercial version for enterprise usage.
Our global team of over 190 professionals in 13 countries is supported by over 2,000 technology, financial, and legal experts drawn from our global member base.
Our Corda platform is already being used in industries from financial services to healthcare, shipping, insurance and more. It records, manages, executes institutions’ financial agreements in perfect synchrony with their peers, creating a world of frictionless commerce.
The CFO leads the Finance function and Corporate Development Function. This role, reporting into the CFO will provide Executive assistant support to the CFO, the Finance Director and some aspects of support to the wider Finance team.
The Executive Assistant will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills together with the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities. They will have the ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion and must be able to work under pressure to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
CFO / FD Support – Day to day responsibilities include:
- Planning and coordinating the CFO and Finance Director’s schedules, ensuring they are followed and respected
- Successfully completing critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach, including drafting emails, attending meetings, taking minutes and following up on agreed action items that facilitate the CFO/FD’s ability to effectively lead the firm
- Working closely and effectively with the CFO and FD to keep them well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities
- Provide personal support; booking appointments, family commitments, healthcare, reservations, expenses management and travel and entertainment
- Maintain discretion and confidentiality in all relationships at all times
Finance Department Support – Day to day responsibilities include:
- Providing smooth communication between the Finance Dept and other internal departments; demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support with senior management staff
- Performing department specific duties which may involve special projects or on-going responsibilities such as tracking, reporting and presenting information
- Composing and preparing correspondence that is often confidential in nature and financially sensitive
- Fulfilling a range of administrative tasks for the team, such as arranging travel plans, itineraries and agendas, submitting expense reports, organising team events etc
Education and Experience
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly
- Excellent attention to detail
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members, external partners
- Expert level written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrable experience of problem-solving with strong decision-making capability
- Emotional maturity
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions
- 5 years+ of experience supporting senior Executives
- Experience and interest in internal and external communications
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Vibrant, centrally located offices (with snacks provided)
- Private Medical & Dental (location dependent)
- Retirement scheme & life insurance
- Enhanced parental leave & family friendly policies
- Competitive vacation allowance
- Working from home & flexible working (as needed and agreed)
- A competitive salary that reflects your experience and merit
- Discretionary Equity Based Incentive Plan
- Discretionary bonus (or commission based incentive plan)
- Employee Referral Program
Our values are our DNA. They define what we stand for and guide how we work together internally and with our customers, partners, and shareholders.
The success of our customers is paramount. We build strong relationships and strive to create the best possible experience for them.
We bring together all parts of the ecosystem and give our customers the tools and environment to work together to change their industries.
We have the agility of a small company, but the confidence and ambition of the industry-defining titan we aspire to become.
We demand excellence and take pride in our products and services.