R3 is an enterprise blockchain software firm working with a broad ecosystem of more than 300 members and partners across multiple industries from both the private and public sectors to develop on Corda, our open-source blockchain platform, and Corda Enterprise, a commercial version for enterprise usage.
Our global team of over 190 professionals in 13 countries is supported by over 2,000 technology, financial, and legal experts drawn from our global member base.
Our Corda platform is already being used in industries from financial services to healthcare, shipping, insurance and more. It records, manages, executes institutions’ financial agreements in perfect synchrony with their peers, creating a world of frictionless commerce.
Supporting 2 busy executives in the Legal/Compliance and Regulatory/External Affairs Teams, the Executive Assistant will provide full business support as well as handling Administrative tasks for the Teams.
The Executive Assistant will have the ability to exercise good judgement in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organisational skills together with the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities. They will have the ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion and must be able to work under pressure to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion. Due to the nature of this role, irregular working hours including weekends maybe necessary to support various time zones and travel.
- Undertake a variety of administrative tasks for the executives including: managing extremely active calendars of appointments; completing expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence that is often confidential; arranging complex and detailed global travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compiling documents for travel-related meetings; organizing presentations and speaking notes for internal and external presentations.
- Plan and coordinate the Executives schedules, ensuring they are followed and respected.
- Monitor incoming email appropriately, prioritizing urgent messages, preparing responses or when sufficiently informed responding on behalf of the Executives.
- Work closely and effectively with the Executives to keep them well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately.
- Successfully complete critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach, including managing multiple team meetings, compiling agendas, taking minutes, ensuring actions are followed up and completed as well as handling day to day administrative tasks for 2 busy teams.
- Use all available technology to help simplify and organize a busy schedule, e.g. reminders for events and scheduled calls when out of the office.
- Handle and organize various legal documents, including the management of legal document folders and the distribution of executed legal documentation.
- Strong organisational skills that reflect the ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including board members and external partners
- Expert level written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrable experience of problem-solving with strong decision-making capability
- Emotional maturity
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response
- Demonstrate the ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Has a strong understanding of social media, LinkedIn etc.
- Degree educated preferred
- 6 years+ of experience supporting senior management, preferably in a financial services, technology or another dynamic business
- Experience and interest in internal and external communications
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)