R3 is an enterprise blockchain software firm working with a broad ecosystem of more than 300 members and partners across multiple industries from both the private and public sectors to develop on Corda, our open-source blockchain platform, and Corda Enterprise, a commercial version for enterprise usage.
Our global team of over 300 professionals in 13 countries is supported by over 2,000 technology, financial, and legal experts drawn from our global member base.
Our Corda platform is already being used in industries from financial services to healthcare, shipping, insurance and more. It records, manages, executes institutions’ financial agreements in perfect synchrony with their peers, creating a world of frictionless commerce.
- Build the interfaces people use to interact with worlds leading DLT platform and its ancillary technologies
- Building the tools for other techies at R3 to work – from dev to ops and everyone in between.
- Use modern, but established technologies, to build tools for businesses where reliability is paramount.
- Work as a member of a team within the larger engineering group to deliver high quality, well tested code
- Realisation and delivery of technical designs to meet release deadlines
- Code review peer and open-source contributions[IF1] to the codebase
- Liaise with the R3 Support team to troubleshoot and address customer issues
- Participate in the periodic re-evaluation of our stack and drive improvements in existing libraries
As a member of the Engineering team, your job will be to help all the other disparate Corda engineering teams develop tooling for all aspects of the platform – tools for managing a Corda network, an admin console for Corda nodes, debugging inspection/visualization tools for Flows running on a distributed system, our internal dogfooding CordApps, and many, many more.
- Strong understanding of computer science and engineering principles, most likely obtained through a combination of advanced academic study and significant professional experience
- 2+ years experience in an enterprise level environment
- Experience delivering end-to-end platforms and services
- Familiarity of multiple layers of the infrastructure and application stack from systems / OS development through to networking, middleware and application logic
- Proven problem solving skills and ability to work under pressure