R3 is looking for a Front End Engineer to join their Engineering team!
Day today responsibilities include:
- Build the interfaces people use to interact with world’s leading DLT platform and its ancillary technologies
- Building the tools for other techies at R3 to work – from dev to ops and everyone in between.
- Use modern, but established technologies (React, HTML5 and Typescript), to build tools for businesses where reliability is paramount.
- Realisation and delivery of technical designs to meet release deadlines
- Code review peer and open-source contributions to the codebase
- Contribute to the technical enablement of R3’s field teams
- Liaise with the R3 Support team to troubleshoot and address customer issues
- Participate in the periodic re-evaluation of our stack and drive improvements in existing libraries
- Contribute to small cross-functional teams as their sole front-end engineer, prototyping user interfaces to be delivered on a bi-monthly cadence
- Harden prototypes into production-ready user interfaces meeting all functional and non-functional criteria (including security, graceful handling of failure) as projects transition through the product lifecycle
Education and experience:
- Strong understanding of computer science and engineering principles, most likely obtained through a combination of advanced academic study and significant professional experience
- 2+ years development experience in an enterprise level environment
- 1+ years UX design experience in an enterprise level environment
- Experience delivering end-to-end platforms and services
- Good understanding of web security principles and practices
- Familiarity of multiple layers of the infrastructure and application stack from systems / OS development through to networking, middleware and application logic
- Proven problem solving skills and ability to work under pressure
How We’re Handling Covid-19
We are extremely grateful to continue to grow as a company during these unprecedented times. Our #1 priority is the health, safety, and wellbeing of our current and future R3’ers. We want to share with you what we’re doing and what you can expect throughout our interview and on-boarding processes.
Since March, most R3’ers have been working remotely, although we have opened some key office locations global, with limited capacity for those that cannot work from home or need to come into the office.
As you go through the virtual interview process with us, please don’t worry if children or pets make a guest appearance. We understand these things happen- it’s real life after all! If we are fortunate enough to welcome you to the team, we’ll get a laptop couriered to you and get you set up virtually on your first day. We also provide you with a “Work From Home” allowance to enable you to purchase some equipment to be more comfortable and productive.
We Have And Will Continue To Take Steps To Ease Some Of The Burden For Our R3’ers
We understand that Work From Home (WFH) life can be challenging in many ways, so some of the additional support measures we have in place include;
- New Starter WFH allowance (as mentioned above) to get you setup to work productively at home
- Additional access to wellbeing resources (as well as the support provided as part of your Vitality Private Medical) including a year’s free subscription to the Headspace app and modules on our Lessonly training platform from MindGym (including Goal getting, Stress Busters and Virtual Work)
- We also have additional health and wellbeing resources available on our wiki pages when you join.
R3 may process the personal data collected or identified as being imported in accordance with R3’s Recruitment Privacy. Read the policy here. In particular, R3 will use the personal data provided for the purposes of processing your application for the role you have applied for, to assess your suitability for the role as well as to enter into a contract with you if you are successfully brought onto the R3 team.