The objectives of R3’s Government Relations function are to proactively engage with the public sector around the world and third parties such as standards bodies and trade associations in order to establish R3 as the main private sector entity known to governments, including regulators, central banks, policy makers, enforcement authorities, etc. and recognized as the most credible source of expertise and honest input on policy matters. Furthermore, another key objective is to minimize regulatory impediments to the use of Corda and widespread adoption of DLT. We do that through building relationships and a strong reputation as a responsible innovator. We have relationships with 200 regulators around the world and that list continues to grow.
In addition to the policy work the Government Relations team does, we also focus on identifying and pursuing opportunities to deploy R3’s Corda platform in the public sector. The opportunities may come directly from a variety of sources including directly from the public sector and through partnerships in the public space.
We’re excited about how Corda can change the world of financial transactions and we are looking for an additional colleague, who can support and help drive Government Relations both from a policy and a business development perspective.
- Responsible for leading R3’s regulatory engagement in EMEA. You will be able to manage and track progress made in EMEA in contributing to tactical level planning and execution.
- Use your advanced understanding of the regulatory scene not just in the UK but across EMEA to create and execute R3’s regulatory engagement strategy in EMEA, which includes day to day management of relationships in EMEA.
- Use your advanced knowledge of distributed ledger technology and it’s application to iterate EMEA’s regulatory engagement strategy.
- Significantly contribute to innovating and improve relationships with regulators in EMEA and manage and drive outside consultant in EMEA (Flint Global), who assists on both policy and govtech engagement primarily in London and Brussels.
- Keep abreast of overall company strategy to ensure you are able to communicate to both internal and external stakeholders in translating that strategy into actionable planning. Piece the EMEA planning together into a global GovRel strategy.
- Author and disseminate relevant information within the company on regulatory developments and govtech opportunities.
- Create and foster govtech relationships and opportunities.
- Collaborate with sales team on govtech opportunities and to bring value to relationships with customers and potential customers
- Work across groups at R3 to develop and maintain current regulatory messaging for use in public statements and comments
- Develop R3’s positioning on new and proposed regulation; write responses to consultations.
- Relying on limited guidance for complex decision making in ensuring all regulatory engagements are executed in EMEA.
Qualifications & Experience:
- 5-7 years relevant work experience
- Political science (or related) degree
- Financial regulatory background
- Strong communication skills with excellent attention to detail
- Must have an interest in both business development and policy
- The ideal candidate will have the ability to interact with various stakeholders including regulators, partners, business managers and customers
At R3, we encourage a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you don’t meet all of the above criteria, but you think you’d be a great addition to R3, send us your CV. We’re always interested in meeting collaborative people who are excited to work with us.