The Group Accounting Manager will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills together with the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities. They will have the ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion and must be able to work under pressure to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
We are looking for a well-rounded, ACA/ CPA qualified accountant for the newly created role of Group Accounting Manager. Based in London, the position will work closely with the Group Financial Controller to deliver R3’s monthly and annual reporting requirements, including responsibility for the preparation and delivery of the Group’s US GAAP annual audit and statutory financial statements and the consolidation and delivery of monthly, quarterly and annual Group management results.
The position will collaborate with the US and Rest-of-World accounting teams, with responsibility for delivering R3’s subsidiary audit and compliance program. A key responsibility will be to evaluate and improve the Company’s control environment, looking for ways to make processes more efficient and accurate.
With strong US GAAP knowledge and experience, you will demonstrate robust technical accounting and analytical skills, alongside excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and will work closely with senior management across the organisation.
- Financial Reporting
- Leading the annual subsidiary audit process, including dealing with external auditors, agreeing timetables, and ensuring timely delivery of audit information and finalization of the financial statements
- Play a leading role in the annual Group audit process including coordinating the R3 Finance team to provide timely delivery on audit requests.
- Preparation of annual Group financial statements reporting under US GAAP.
- Ensuring that the regulatory requirements of all statutory bodies are met.
- In conjunction with Regional Accounting teams and external advisors oversee the preparation and filing of Group and Subsidiary corporation tax returns, incentive schemes (R&D, Capital Allowances) and indirect tax (VAT, SUT) return requirements.
- Management & Board Reporting
- Responsible for the Group intercompany consolidation process
- Responsible for accuracy of FX calculations across multi-currency Group
- Oversee for the monthly Group close process, ensuring accuracy, timeliness and robust levels of reconciliation and documentation.
- Ensure financial accounting adheres to accounting policies and US GAAP, where appropriate substantiating general ledger balances and providing commentary
- Prepare monthly and quarterly analysis for the Group and Subsidiary Balance Sheets, ensuring a robust review with the Regional and Group Financial Controllers.
- Working in conjunction with the Group Financial Controller and Financial Planning & Analysis Manager to prepare a quarterly board reporting pack and monthly management executive pack, including commentary on performance and KPIs for senior management review
- Risk and Control Environment
- Responsibility for review of the Company’s control environment, identifying areas to improve control structure.
- Oversee updates to process documentation with coordination of the wider Finance team.
- Proactively identify problems and opportunities to standardize, streamline and improve processes and accuracy.
- Embed a culture of controls within the team, responsible for operating effectiveness of key controls within the department’s processes and remediation of control weaknesses.
- Lead the accounting team through indirect oversight, ensuring deliverables and timelines are agreed and adhered to
- Oversee finance summer interns, including hiring, scheduling, and training to deliver a comprehensive accounting experience for the interns and resource special projects for the accounting team.
- Delivering process improvements across the accounting team using IT systems
- Provision of periodic training sessions to the wider finance team on relevant, technical accounting subject matters
- Ad hoc projects and other tasks as advised by the Group Financial Controller and Group Finance Director.
At R3, we encourage a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you don’t meet all of the above criteria, but you think you’d be a great addition to R3, send us your CV. We’re always interested in meeting collaborative people who are excited to work with us.