R3 is a financial innovation firm that leads a consortium partnership with over 100 of the world’s leading financial institutions. We work together to design and deliver advanced distributed ledger technologies to the global financial markets.
R3 has over 200 employees based in over 11 (and counting!) countries across the globe, with our headquarters in London, alongside office locations in New York City and Singapore. Our vibrant and centrally located offices are filled with collaborative spaces, healthy (and some not so healthy!) snacks and state of the art work spaces and equipment.
We are a small HR team and due to growth of the Company and departmental responsibilities, we are looking to add a HR Operations Lead role who can offer greater support to our Company, and provide HR operational support. Based in our London office, you would support our employees and HR colleagues across the globe. Joining two HRBPs, a HR Coordinator, and reporting to the Global Head of Human Resources, this role is for someone looking to really shape and make their own.
- This role shall be focused on the operational elements of HR, providing operational support for the wider HR and Recruitment teams.
- People Data Integrity: Maintains utmost confidentiality in all matters pertaining to employee records Conduct regular audits of global people data.
- Payroll and benefits: managing all global payroll and benefit functions for employees, including new set-up, working with third parties, process enhancement and work with HR and Finance teams. Streamlining processes and suppliers where possible and where improvements can be made.
- Reward: Assisting with the set up of any future reward and recognition schemes
- Onboarding and Offboarding: ensuring an exceptional employee experience is had during both stages of employee lifecycle, and providing any process improvement suggestions.
- Systems, Tools & Processes: familiarity with managing an HRIS and strong exposure to HR business processes. There may be scope for looking at a new HRIS and migrating to a new platform and additional tools as the company grows and the successful incumbent would play a large part in that process
- Legal: the ability to use your knowledge of change, policy and legal processes across an international basis as needed
- Relocations: advising on relocations of employees across international locations and looking at contracts and taxation as needed
- Employee Engagement: overseeing employee surveys during the employee lifecycle
- Project Management and Process awareness including structured ways of working
Other Skills and Responsibilities
- HR Shared Services or HR Operations experience from an international organisation
- Highly commercial and engaging multi-site, multi country customer centric organisations
- Org Design: an understanding of organisation design and job evaluation.
- Demonstrable experience of high volume, fast and accurate numerical work
- SME sized organisations where HR teams are light, nimble and versatile
- Self assured and comfortable being challenged and in presenting rationale for change
- Strong presentation and computer skills, including Excel, Powerpoint and Word
- Processing multiple global payrolls, checking and reconciling the payrolls, processing leavers and managing in conjunction with the wider HR team
- Experience of consolidation of Payroll providers across multiple countries is highly desirable.
Education and Experience
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent (e.g. CIPD accreditations)
- 5+ years in an HR operational role
- Solid problem-solving and analytical capabilities
- An eye for detail but able to see the broader picture
- A genuine love of process, but not wanting to create process for process sake.
- A solid team player, we’re a tight team who work hard to deliver an exceptional service to all levels
- Depth of Expertise
The candidate has an advanced understanding of tasks and skills needed to execute work, and is seen as a Subject Matter Expert in all things HR operations; including processes, payroll and benefits, tools and systems – and projects!
- Breadth of Expertise:
They have advanced knowledge of the broader HR scope which frames the essential technical area of work, and they use this knowledge to create incremental value.
- Innovation & Improvement:
A significant contributor to continuous improvement and innovation for our Company, which has impact and creates a high client value and impact, within a project or division.
- Knowledge Application:
This role needs to have an advanced understanding of business needs and the competitive environment, providing context to help shape and modify value enhanced deliverables.
- Level of Interaction:
The nature of the role interaction is focused primarily on tactical planning and moderately complex challenges. They interact regularly with management throughout the business, and need to truly work as a HR team to execute and deliver.
- Customer Focus:
The candidate has an advanced understanding of client and business partner goals and expectations. They consistently anticipate upcoming client and business partner needs.
Helps set client/colleague expectations and provides appropriate suggestions and recommendations for improvements.
Significantly influences the thinking and approach around individual projects or services. Shows skill in gaining support and building consensus.
- Ownership & Responsibility:
Can take responsibility for an entire project, process or program. Manages and tracks progress of shared assignments/projects.
- Autonomy & Strategic Planning:
Contributes to tactical plans and monitors progress. Focus is blended between execution of work product and tactical planning.
Leads small projects, processes or programs or contributes to larger ones – all of which add value of HR to our business. The role is responsible for driving outcomes which begins to have a large effect on department.
- Decision Making:
Uses judgment to make decisions of moderate complexity and impact. Relies on limited guidance for more complex decision-making.
Benefits From Day One of Joining Our Team
- A competitive salary that reflects your experience
- 25 days holiday
- Pension Scheme (employer-matched at 5%)
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Employee Referral Program
- Working From Home / Flexible Working Hours (role dependant)
After passing probation, you’ll have enhanced benefits, which include:
- Private Medical Care – full cover for employees and immediate family members
- Dental – full cover for employees and partners
- Discretionary Equity Based Incentive Plan
- Discretionary bonus (or commission based incentive plan)
- Enhanced maternity & paternity leave (after one year of service)