You will be joining a highly focused team building shared services used by the R3 to deliver its Distributed ledger applications and managed services. Working within a dynamic squad with like-minded engineers you will take modern Dev-ops tools to build a platform that will deliver the backbone of globally orientated multi-application cloud and managed services.
Come and build the future with R3!
- Running production applications (CI/CD) to provide fast, reliable and repeatable deployment.
- Responsible for leading a medium size project or workstream
- Working closely with cross-functional team members
- Developing a new family of common infrastructure services to support R3’s ambitious growth plans by liberating our product teams from low-level details so they can focus on developing the applications that power the Corda networks. These new services will be based on Kubernetes, Kafka, Istio, Terraform and related toolsets.
- R3 is moving from a product delivery model to a service delivery model. Accordingly, scalability of those offered services is of paramount importance.
- Supporting Corda deployments for large customers, small customers and resellers. Unifying these deployment targets in the infrastructure services is an important goal.
- Providing both internal training and funding support for external training courses and attending conferences.
- Instilling best practices, and documenting decisions.
- You love this stuff. You love it because it’s complicated. You love the fact that you master it.
- You are perpetually curious about new tools and techniques. You are always trying out new things. You go to the MeetUps. You read HN and /.
- You love sharing your knowledge with others. Maybe, you speak at the MeetUps or conferences. You will be encouraged and supported to share your knowledge with your colleagues in R3 across the globe.
- You know and appreciate that DevOps, and all that goes with it, is changing faster than the applications it is used to build and deploy, presenting unique challenges never before seen in the history of computing.
- You realise that DevOps is primarily about improving code quality by providing fast feedback to developers so that they can follow good coding practices
- You understand that deployment code is the most important code we own and operate. It must work. It must not be scary. It must have an owner and you will be part of that ownership.
- You are completely at home in the cloud, appreciate all that cloud computing can provide and share those benefits with others, but you work to build with vendor neutrality as a principle.
At R3, we encourage a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you don’t meet all of the above criteria, but you think you’d be a great addition to R3, send us your CV. We’re always interested in meeting collaborative people who are excited to work with us.