We are looking for a versatile IT Operations Manager who is motivated by achievement, loves working in a close-knit team, wants to be trusted to use and develop their tech skills, to learn without limits, and be at the forefront of a true technology revolution.
Ideally, your background would have been managing IT support for a technology company (with more than 500 staff, across multiple time zones and regions); either from finance, consultancy or critical infrastructure verticals. You’ll need to be good at everything, and happy to tackle items that don’t necessarily belong in your back yard. You’ll be building and leading a small team who will design and enforce IT standards and provide desktop support for a mixed group of business and engineering staff. You’ll go the extra mile for the person sitting next to you as you know they would do exactly the same thing for you. You’ll be used to having the freedom to make decisions without too much oversight – but at the same time you’ll own the responsibility to get things right.
You’ll be responsible for the upkeep, configuration and reliable operation of R3’s IT Estate plus any associated toolsets. You will seek to ensure (through a mixture of technical administration, reporting, documentation and process/policy creation), that the cost, access, availability and security of those environments and associated resources is controlled. You will work alongside, and support our DevOps, Security Ops and other teams/users within R3 – therefore being a team player, having a great personality, a sense of humour, being able to work under pressure, being empathetic towards different cultures, communicating effectively and hitting deadlines are all paramount to enjoying life at R3.
- You must have SOC 2 Experience and ISO27001.
- Build and support an IT Operations team for the R3 business globally, instilling can-do attitude, and being ambassador for IT and technology
- Provide and support all IT based business systems, including servers, network, applications, communication equipment, PCs and laptops.
- Ensure that the team implements & adheres to strong governance & best practice ITIL-led service management principles
- Oversee the delivery of IT related projects (cloud, on-prem, server, storage, data centre, networking, tooling, etc) and ensure that changes are implemented with minimum risk to the business.
- Ensure that adequate user security and access controls are applied to all the company’s systems and data, allowing the company to pursue any security accreditations that are necessary.
- Act as IT champion for business continuity management and ensure that your team develops appropriate contingency and disaster recovery plans for critical IT systems.
- Liaise with key stakeholders to ensure that the IT function delivers appropriate services to the organisation.
- Ensure that the IT systems and service portfolio is appropriately managed to efficiently deliver services to the organisation eliminating shadow IT whilst being sufficiently responsive to the needs of the business, evaluating, adopting and supporting new services where a valid business case exists and managing orderly decommissioning of services when they are not required.
- Account for expenditure and ensure technology improves efficiency of service, while managing the budget and reducing costs wherever practical
- Ensure that the IT team have access to all the necessary equipment, training and support to fulfil their roles.
- Prioritising workload and focus for the IT Support team including, for example, routine tasks, proactive/reactive ad-hoc tasks, and escalations.
Qualifications (the must haves)
- You need to love what you do – be an evangelist for IT at R3.
- Strong technical understanding of infrastructure and hosting including, for example, data centres, servers, storage, networking (WAN/LAN), firewall management, security management, desktop support, Office 365, tooling, business continuity, monitoring, IAM (Identity and Access Management), endpoint security, cloud architecture, data loss prevention, IT change, transformation, IT resilience & infrastructure
- You will have had experience working within a well-known security control framework, such as the ISO 27000 family, COBIT or NIST cybersecurity framework.
- Good coaching and motivation skills – previous line management skills of a small team is essential.
- Able to manage projects and vendors with budgets in excess of £1m.
- Change management skills and experience encompassing both the technical and people elements of change programmes.
- Ability to establish immediate credibility at all levels, inside and outside the organisation.
- Ability to make risk-based decisions quickly using incomplete and sometimes unreliable data.
- You’ll need excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. You’ll be happy presenting to the company at all-hands meetings or explaining complex technical issues to all levels.
- Demonstrable track record of delivering IT projects that meet business requirements on time and budget.
- A continuous improvement focus.
Qualifications (the nice to haves)
- Relevant professional qualifications would be great, but are not essential. You’ll need to demonstrate that any certifications you claim are valid and current (we will check).
- An engineering or science degree would be great, but appropriate career experience is just as important. Be prepared to tell us all about that experience.
At R3, we encourage a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you don’t meet all of the above criteria, but you think you’d be a great addition to R3, send us your CV. We’re always interested in meeting collaborative people who are excited to work with us.