R3 is an enterprise blockchain software firm working with a broad ecosystem of more than 300 members and partners across multiple industries from both the private and public sectors to develop on Corda, our open-source blockchain platform, and Corda Enterprise, a commercial version for enterprise usage.
R3 has over 380 employees based in over 11 (and counting!) countries across the globe, with our headquarters in London, alongside office locations in New York City and Singapore. Our vibrant and centrally located offices are filled with collaborative spaces, healthy (and some not so healthy!) snacks and state of the art work spaces and equipment.
We are a small People team and due to growth of the Company and departmental responsibilities, we are looking to add a Junior People Operations Specialist who can offer greater support to our global People Team, reporting to the People Operations Manager based in the UK.
- This role shall be focused on the operational elements of HR, specifically the analysis, implementation and support of systems and process. You would take the lead for US based systems and process working closely with the People Business partner as well as supporting globally the wider R3 ecosystem.
- Day to day activities include:
- Working closely with the People Operations Manager to identify gaps and process improvements with existing systems
- Support employee onboarding by preparing contracts and agreements, enroll new employees into company benefits and payroll, help to oversee employee’s integration into the company
- Training and advising key stakeholders on changes, expectations and benefits of the global HR Systems and processes
- Be point person responsible for the support and maintenance of the US payroll and benefits programs
- Support and assist in the development and documentation of company policies and procedures, communicating them to the wider team when required
- Be a key player in the evaluation, implementations and support of global HRIS projects
- Working with Finance team to ensure data integrity
- Support in the gathering and analysis of HR management information, analytics & data reports for the ExCo, Management teams and People team
- Take responsibility for tracking timelines, milestones and checklists that will lead to the successful implementation of projects
- Weekly updates
- Documenting and developing user guides and training material
- Assisting with year End comp communications to all employees
- Support Intern Contract management
- Supporting other operational activities as and when required.
- HR Operations experience from an international organization
- Experience in global L&D tools would be desirable
- Demonstrable experience of high volume, fast and accurate numerical work
- SME sized organizations where HR teams are light, nimble and versatile
- Self-assured and comfortable being challenged and in presenting rationale for change
- Competent presentation and computer skills, including Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Global project management especially HR systems desirable
- Hands on payroll processing including checking and reconciliation
- Experienced with global HRIS providers across multiple countries is highly desirable.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent (e.g., SHRM accreditations)
- General knowledge of US employment laws
- 2 + years in an HR operational role
- Solid problem-solving and analytical capabilities
- An eye for detail but able to see the broader picture
- Confident in challenging and pushing the envelope
- A genuine love of process, but not wanting to create process for process sake.
- A solid team player, we’re a tight team who work hard to deliver an exceptional service to all levels
How We’re Handling Covid-19
We are extremely grateful to continue to grow as a company during these unprecedented times. Our #1 priority is the health, safety, and wellbeing of our current and future R3’ers. We want to share with you what we’re doing and what you can expect throughout our interview and on-boarding processes.
Since March, most R3’ers have been working remotely, although we have opened some key office locations global, with limited capacity for those that cannot work from home or need to come into the office.
As you go through the virtual interview process with us, please don’t worry if children or pets make a guest appearance. We understand these things happen- it’s real life after all! If we are fortunate enough to welcome you to the team, we’ll get a laptop couriered to you and get you set up virtually on your first day. We also provide you with a “Work From Home” allowance to enable you to purchase some equipment to be more comfortable and productive.
We Have And Will Continue To Take Steps To Ease Some Of The Burden For Our R3’ers
We understand that Work From Home (WFH) life can be challenging in many ways, so some of the additional support measures we have in place include;
- New Starter WFH allowance (as mentioned above) to get you setup to work productively at home
- Additional access to wellbeing resources (as well as the support provided as part of your Vitality Private Medical) including a year’s free subscription to the Headspace app and modules on our Lessonly training platform from MindGym (including Goal getting, Stress Busters and Virtual Work)
- We also have additional health and wellbeing resources available on our wiki pages when you join.