We are seeking an experienced, talented Software Engineer in Test to join Conclave, R3’s privacy-preserving platform.
R3’s Conclave team is on a mission to build the leading privacy-preserving platform for the development of tamper-proof software. Applications range from aggregating sensitive data to detect sophisticated types of fraud, training AI models with sensitive data sets, or aggregating sensitive transaction data for risk reporting across organizations.
Conclave is a software development kit, evolving to a suite of complementary cloud services, rooted in hardware-based confidential computing techniques, designed to bring privacy-preserving capabilities to developers globally.
As the Lead QA for Conclave, you will be directly responsible for developing and undertaking tests for our platform and designing the testing strategies for services and features before integrating them into the platform.
We are looking for a Software Engineer in Test who will be responsible for developing functional and non-functional test cases to validate operation of Conclave using bespoke regression automation frameworks for testing (e.g. CRAFT).
You will have previous SaaS testing experience, CI/CD experience and a solid understanding of scalability and optimization will be essential as quickly scale Conclave from MVP to a large-scale offering. The ideal candidate will have hands on manual and automated test engineering experience, understand the challenges of confidential computing technologies, demonstrate critical investigative abilities, and be able to work well at all levels of the software testing lifecycle.
Conclave is an early-stage and technical confidential computing product so you will therefore need to be someone with a passion for and deep understanding of privacy-enhancing techniques.
Well positioned candidates will be experienced using several programming languages and test frameworks, be comfortable with ambiguity and may have worked both in banking and startup environments. Capital Markets and/or Trading technology experience is not mandatory but a plus.
- Develop functional and non-functional test cases within R3’s regression automation framework for testing (CRAFT)
- Take responsibility for the ongoing development of automated test scenarios working across two agile engineering teams
- Track and update test cases in our test case management system
- Work closely with software engineers to understand the features and their impact on the system
- Develop tests for cloud platform, testing from user perspective as well as from public APIs.
- Design testing strategies for individual services and features before integration into the platform.
- Execute tests effectively and efficiently to support a continuous release process.
- Integrate testing with CI/CD
- Exploratory and manual testing with a focus on security
- Broad understanding of computer science and engineering principles
- Proven track record of delivering test automation for complex software systems
- Experience planning for and executing end-to-end functional and non-functional tests
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Comfortable and able to work under pressure
- SaaS testing experience
- Automated and manual testing around REST interfaces
- Understanding of scalability and optimization and testing for scale
- Risk analysis and testing of security boundaries
- Feature/service level test design
- CI/CD experience
- Programming language skills for testing SaaS platform