R3 is an enterprise blockchain software firm working with a broad ecosystem of more than 300 members and partners across multiple industries from both the private and public sectors to develop on Corda, our open-source blockchain platform, and Corda Enterprise, a commercial version for enterprise usage.
Our global team of over 300 professionals in 13 countries is supported by over 2,000 technology, financial, and legal experts drawn from our global member base.
Our Corda platform is already being used in industries from financial services to healthcare, shipping, insurance and more. It records, manages, executes institutions’ financial agreements in perfect synchrony with their peers, creating a world of frictionless commerce.
The Account Executive will formulate and execute a territory account strategy within their region, drive annual recurring revenue growth by driving demand in the current customer base and net new customers in the enterprise space. Key to this role is your ability to articulate value, inspire and sell the vision for R3 and Corda Enterprise.
- Prospecting, qualifying, selling and closing new business to R3 existing and net new customers
- Account and Customer Relationship Management, Sales and Software License and Annual Contract Revenue (ACV)
- Achieve / exceed quota targets
- Align R3 solutions with the customer’s strategic objectives – develop best practice account and territory plans to ensure revenue and bookings target delivery and sustainable growth
- Develop relationships in new and existing customers and leverage to drive strategy through complex organizations
- Establish strong management and C-level relationships based on knowledge of customer requirements and commitment to customer success
- Actively understand each customer’s technology footprint, strategic growth plans, Distributed Ledger Technology (DLT) roadmap, and competitive landscape
- Review public information (e.g., new executive appointments, earnings statements, press releases) for the company and its competitors to remain updated on key industry trends and issues impacting the prospect
- Lead designated territory, including accounts, account relationships, prospect profiling, and sales cycles
- Encourage all accounts to become R3 references
- Utilize value-based selling, and ROI data to support the customer’s decision process
- Pipeline planning – follow a disciplined approach to maintaining a sales pipeline. Keep pipeline current and moving up the pipeline curve
- Leverage internal organizations including marketing, inside sales, strategic alliances, to funnel pipeline into the assigned territory
- Support all R3 promotions and events in the territory – take on an active role at R3 events
- Orchestrate resources: deploy appropriate teams to execute winning sales
- Understand R3’s competition and effectively position solutions against them
- Maintain Salesforce.com & Clari system(s) with accurate customer and pipeline information
Education and Experience
- 10+ years of business experience in Sales or Consulting with complex business software / IT solutions
- 7+ years in a direct, quota-carrying sales role with proven track record of achieving and/or exceeding consistent quarterly and annual targets
- Experience with Salesforce.com and the ability to accurately provide management with weekly/quarterly forecast reporting
- Possess strong presentation skills and command credibility with senior business and technology executives
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively navigate and mediate conflict and foster honest dialog under challenging conversations
- Experience in Pricing, Proposal Management, and Software/SAAS and IT Professional Services Contract Negotiations
- Demonstrated ability to orchestrate the team to lead/organize business discussions with customers and architect the value of the R3 Corda Enterprise solution
- You’re a problem solver and a team player with excellent organizational skills and an entrepreneurial spirit
- Experience working with SAAS and Platform solutions preferred
- Knowledge of the Distributed Ledger Technology ecosystem and experience working with ISV’s and Alliance partners would be a plus