R3 Professional Services helps customers build new business models on Corda via the creation of new Corda applications (CorDapps). We help customers design, develop and deploy Corda based solutions and Corda business networks.
Role of Delivery Manager
Construct and manage commercial engagements sold by our Sales teams to increase the adoption and value of Corda. Each engagement will be unique as will the technical, business, legal and regulatory opportunities you will face in a complex environment helping build things nobody has ever built before. Delivery Managers are responsible for both the client and commercial success which means that scope, people and stakeholder management is key, as is the process to learn from every engagement. Delivery Managers are also expected to be well versed in business network design, in particular, with the commercial and legal constructs used to optimise governance and delivery.
Delivery Managers at R3 work in a collaborative, trusted and supportive environment to deliver in the most effective way. We value six key mind-sets in the team:
Disciplined – lead engagements using a disciplined approach to delivery, drawing on experience from working on complex change and technology projects
Experimental – use lean, agile, and/or design thinking to operate in complex and emergent domains
Open – encourage diverse perspectives and value inclusion
Commercial – define clear paths towards tangible economic benefits and return-on-investment for clients, customers and partners
Product – focus on the product by understanding our customer’s needs, business and commercial models and the full end-to-end user journey
Curiosity – learn and improve your own knowledge and the processes by which you operate
- Project Delivery
- Accountable for delivery and overall project health, working with client(s) to balance scope, time and cost. Own the end-to-end delivery for R3 of the scope agreed with the client.
- Nurture R3 delivery teams to support our clients in building on our products. Assist client teams with expert knowledge of distributed business models and distributed technology.
- Work with clients and R3 delivery teams to capture functional and non-functional requirements accurately and trace the requirements to design / implementation / deployment / operation.
- Work closely with subject matter experts within R3, drawing on deep expertise in Solution Architecture, Corda Development, DevOps, Legal and Regulatory, and Commercial & Business modelling.
- Manage stakeholders’ expectations with strong proactive communication developing deep trusted partnerships with clients.
- Identify, own and mitigate risks, issues, assumptions and dependencies.
- Partner with the Solution Engineering team to ensure consistent face-off to other R3 engineering teams providing customer requirements and feedback.
- Create fast learning loops, obtain customer feedback and reduce cycle time. Create the shortest path possible to outcomes, amplify or pivot work.
- Deliver to and improve the delivery framework
- Continuously improve the R3 Delivery Framework (a goal-based delivery approach focused on customer outcomes).
- Refine the status quo and recommend changes to R3 to move faster and more effectively.
- Own and deliver key project documentation e.g. reports, plans, kanban boards, statements of work, project closure.
- Deliver weekly status report and time tracking ensuring transparent updates and management of overall delivery health internally and to client stakeholders.
- Conduct project peer-reviews to share learnings and optimise delivery across the department.
- Consult on business network design and implementation
- Execute engagements with clients to define and advise on business network designs by assessing the industry actors, regulations, decentralisation requirements, technical complexities and Corda features
- Educate and consult with clients on issues such as consortium management, collective financing, IP management and decentralised governance
- Advise clients on Corda’s network options and potential collaboration options with other business networks.
- Create reusable templates and processes to optimise future engagements with a view to Open Sourcing these where possible
- Leverage the marketplace and help build the business
- Work with Sales teams to help develop and scope early stage ideas and customer opportunities into deliverable units of work.
- Communicate benefits of Corda, R3 and our collaborative model on client sites and events.
- Deliver at scale by leveraging partnerships, ecosystem and platform thinking.
- Provide outstanding customer service and be the face of R3 during engagements.
- Help create the conditions for our success and learning; mentoring, teaching, listening and learning
- Proven track record of managing large (>$2.5m budget) programmes / projects / product deliveris typically within complex organisations or to new and emerging market segments.
- High level understanding of DLT / Blockchain technologies and benefits.
- Construction of project charters / project initiation / budget requests/ pipeline management.
- Technical proficiency including ability to work directly with development teams.
- Understanding of how to work with multi-national firms paired with a strong passion for driving change and innovation.
- Flexibility to travel to client and partner sites for project work.
- Experienced in constructing vendor SOWs and following procurement processes.
- Have worked in either a large enterprise, consulting firms or start-up environment.
Nice To Have Competencies:
- Depth in one area of Financial Services business domains – Corporate Banking, Capital Markets, Trade Finance, Cash and Payments, Risk Management etc.
- Detailed understanding of Blockchain business opportunities and platforms including Corda, Hyperledger (IBM) Fabric, Ethereum, Bitcoin etc.
- Matrix management skills within a project framework.
- Certifications may include some of: Certified Disciplined Agilist (CDA), Certified LeSS Practitioner, Certified ScrumMaster (CSM), Certified Scrum Product Owner (SCPO).
- Can code or have coded in the past.
- Experience in public speaking/conference presentations etc.
- Fluency in multiple languages and/or experience working in multiple countries.
At R3, we encourage a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you don’t meet all of the above criteria, but you think you’d be a great addition to R3, send us your CV. We’re always interested in meeting collaborative people who are excited to work with us.