The Professional Services Sales team works in tandem with rest of the Sales organisation and the Professional Services organisation to ensure that professional services engagements are set up to succeed from the outset, with correctly scoped projects and the right professional services team to ensure our customers succeed.
We are customer-facing group, and have an important role in driving short, medium, and long-term revenue for the company.
An intern in this space will get involved in a range of internal and customer-facing activities, including engagement scoping, proposal writing, Statement of Work creation, internal and external stakeholder engagement, revenue tracking, reporting; as well as contributing to the continuous improvement of our approach, to drive efficiencies.
You will assist the Engagement Managers by applying your analytical, documentation, strategic and commercial skills/experience to position, scope, and package professional services alongside R3 products such as Corda Enterprise licenses, in order to make our customers successful, and thus enabling successful adoption of R3 products.
- Reviewing and editing project proposals and documentation
- Organising customer meetings (occasionally across multiple time zones global locations where tools such as Webex may be required), including preparation and distribution of the agenda
- Understanding desired customer outcomes and translating that into the scoping of projects
- Stakeholder communication
- Presentation preparation and delivery to the internal team if required
- Work towards becoming a trusted advisor to our customers within technology adoption and enablement
- Attending customer meetings on-site with your manager when required
- Assist the team in maintaining and updating the R3 Professional Services pre-sales assets including PS pitch decks, repeatable engagement structures, Statement of Work templates, scoping tools etc
- Support the team in continuously improving the R3 Delivery Framework (a goal-based delivery approach focused on customer outcomes)
Education & Experience:
- 2nd year + student studying a relevant degree (business, economics, technology, computer science or similar)
- A clear communicator who is comfortable working with a wide range of people – from highly technical engineers, to Delivery Managers, to sales, and the wider business
- Commercial experience/knowledge highly regarded
- Excellent organisation skills and expert knowledge in Microsoft packages (especially Powerpoint)
- A self-starter, with the ability to work on multiple projects and assignments with minimal supervision
- Able to excel in a fast-paced environment where priorities can change quickly
- Passionate about technology with a keen interest in DLT / Blockchain technology and how it can impact the world
- The ability to code or have coded in the past is advantageous
- Please note the start date for this position is Monday 24th May (subject to change) and our internship program lasts for 12 weeks; at present we can only consider applicants that commit to these time frames.
- Moreover, we cannot provide sponsorship for this position so in order to be considered, candidates will need to have the right to work in the USA
- We hope to be able to offer at least some (if not all) of the 12 week internship in person this year- although this will be dependent on the ongoing pandemic and each countries individual guidelines and restrictions.
How We’re Handling Covid-19
We are extremely grateful to continue to grow as a company during these unprecedented times. Our #1 priority is the health, safety, and wellbeing of our current and future R3’ers. We want to share with you what we’re doing and what you can expect throughout our interview and on-boarding processes.
Since March, most R3’ers have been working remotely, although we have opened some key office locations global, with limited capacity for those that cannot work from home or need to come into the office.
As you go through the virtual interview process with us, please don’t worry if children or pets make a guest appearance. We understand these things happen- it’s real life after all! If we are fortunate enough to welcome you to the team, we’ll get a laptop couriered to you and get you set up virtually on your first day. We also provide you with a “Work From Home” allowance to enable you to purchase some equipment to be more comfortable and productive.
We Have And Will Continue To Take Steps To Ease Some Of The Burden For Our R3’ers
We understand that Work From Home (WFH) life can be challenging in many ways, so some of the additional support measures we have in place include;
- New Starter WFH allowance (as mentioned above) to get you setup to work productively at home
- Additional access to wellbeing resources (as well as the support provided as part of your Vitality Private Medical) including a year’s free subscription to the Headspace app and modules on our Lessonly training platform from MindGym (including Goal getting, Stress Busters and Virtual Work)
- We also have additional health and wellbeing resources available on our wiki pages when you join.