Reporting to the Head of Professional Services, you will be taking a strategic lead on client projects and will need excellent client-facing and communication skills.
As a Professional Services Team lead, you will be part of the professional services team, your mission is to help our customers solve complex ground-breaking problems using R3’s blockchain/distributed ledger platform Corda Enterprise. You will leverage your technical expertise to help our customers create scalable solutions using the latest capabilities of Corda.
You will also be required to line manage a handful of professional service consultants, providing technical guidance and mentoring for your team members to support both professional development and customer engagements.
You will be responsible for contributing to the team’s tool-kit of reusable deployment blueprints and document accordingly. The enterprise blockchain space is rapidly developing, opening numerous opportunities to define solutions for problems that no one has solved yet.
Due to the client-facing role nature of this role, it’s will be suited to someone who has previous consultancy or a professional services background, please expect to travel as customers are based in APAC.
- Provide outstanding customer service and be the face of R3; communicate benefits of Corda, R3 and our collaborative model on client engagements and events. Assist client teams with expert knowledge of distributed business models and distributed technology.
- Act as hands-on technical lead on decentralised application projects by driving application architecture and directly contributing high quality code to Kotlin and Java applications.
- Capture functional and non-functional design requirements from customers and ensure these are traceably translated to design/ implementation/ deployment/ operation.
- Synthesise customer feedback and communicate learnings internally promptly to Engineering, Product and Sales organisations to enhance R3 product and service offerings alongside the evolving needs of our customers
- Identify opportunities for the use of Corda in new applications and associated opportunities for Services.
- Responsible for the quality of the deliverables of the project against requirements and promoted best practices.
- Help recruit and interview new team members
- Instil client confidence and ensure success, with solid technical skills and knowledge, hands-on implementation capabilities, can-do attitude, excellent communication skills, reliability and commitment to delivering quality and adding value
- Mentor Professional Services consultants and developers.
- Contribute towards R3’s Professional Services community via knowledge sharing, best practice documentation and training on our virtual workplace.
- Understanding of DLT/Blockchain technologies and benefits.
- Possesses Strong commercial experience of working with Java-based Enterprise software solutions, previous experiences of leading Java or Kotlin based development teams.
- Previous line management experience would be preferable.
- Any consulting or PS experience highly advantageous, looking for individuals who can drive technical requirements and extracting these into customer solutions.
- Strong technical leadership skills, either still hands-on or recent hands-on experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical audiences.
- Be able to work successfully in a fast-paced and dynamic environment and able to manage multiple assignments.
- Be comfortable with some ambiguity and be willing to work beyond the strict wording of the job description to achieve the firm’s objectives.
- Able to encourage clients when engagements are not set-up for success and collaborate on risk and issue management.
- Management of the delivery team and proven experience in formal project management processes, either prince or agile.
- Commercial experience with distributed technologies would be ideal.
- Looking for someone who understands Infrastructure as code and understands development is not isolated to create an application but understands, build pipelines, Containserston technologies and orchestration tools.
- Any Cloud experience using AWS and Azure beneficial.
This job will involve travel, therefore flexibility to travel to client and partner sites for project work.
How We’re Handling Covid-19
We are extremely grateful to continue to grow as a company during these unprecedented times. Our #1 priority is the health, safety, and wellbeing of our current and future R3’ers. We want to share with you what we’re doing and what you can expect throughout our interview and on-boarding processes.
Since March, most R3’ers have been working remotely, although we have opened some key office locations global, with limited capacity for those that cannot work from home or need to come into the office.
As you go through the virtual interview process with us, please don’t worry if children or pets make a guest appearance. We understand these things happen- it’s real life after all! If we are fortunate enough to welcome you to the team, we’ll get a laptop couriered to you and get you set up virtually on your first day. We also provide you with a “Work From Home” allowance to enable you to purchase some equipment to be more comfortable and productive.
We Have And Will Continue To Take Steps To Ease Some Of The Burden For Our R3’ers
We understand that Work From Home (WFH) life can be challenging in many ways, so some of the additional support measures we have in place include;
- New Starter WFH allowance (as mentioned above) to get you setup to work productively at home
- Additional access to wellbeing resources (as well as the support provided as part of your Vitality Private Medical) including a year’s free subscription to the Headspace app and modules on our Lessonly training platform from MindGym (including Goal getting, Stress Busters and Virtual Work)
- We also have additional health and wellbeing resources available on our wiki pages when you join.