The Business Resources Team are responsible for many vital aspects of the business, and we are here to ensure that our staff can be as successful and self-sufficient as possible.
Our team is in charge of all travel, internal and external events and office resources. We devise and implement policies in consultation with the business. The travel, business continuity and company “giving” policies lie in our hands. We provide IT support where you need it, training and how-to guides on how our offices and technical facilities work. We are responsible for all IT related acquisitions, maintenance, hardware purchasing & installation, software licence management, new joiner set up and welcome and ongoing desktop support.
We know where ALL the cables are – and yes – we can probably find you a post-it when you need it too.
You will be primarily responsible for supporting the Global Head of Business Resources in the execution of successful meetings and events, both internal and external. This position will be responsible for meeting and event planning, such as preparing budgets, preparing meeting checklists, overseeing attendee management as well as providing on-site event support throughout the lifecycle of events and meetings. The role also incorporates other Business Resources responsibilities including but not limited to Corporate Social Responsibility, admin support, travel management and coordination of various projects.
Responsibilities – Project Management
- The management of special projects for the company sits with the Business Resources team and the primary function of this role is to lead and manage these. Current in flight and future projects are:
- Assisting with further development of the global Business Continuity and regional Disaster Recovery policies
- Assisting with Staff Onboarding, welcome presentations and information
- Management of branded goods suppliers and the availability of items to staff and for events
- Internal Communications projects including the scheduling of internal presentations to all staff and the overhaul of the Intranet.
Responsibilities – Charitable Support
- includes responsibility for the administration of the R3 Charity Policy and chairing the global committee which is a significant part of R3’s culture. This role ensures that the committee adheres to the agreed policy and is the main organiser for logistics surrounding any agreed events.
Responsibilities – Events
- The management of R3 Events sits with the Business Resources team in partnership with the Marketing team. R3’s annual industry conference CordaCon is at the heart of this aspect of the role. Responsibilities for CordaCon include but are not limited to:
- organisation and time management of both internal and external stakeholders and suppliers.
- sponsorship and attendee management
- site team support
- organisation of AV and video recording
- collation of presentations event agenda design
- running orders
- supplier liaison
- speaker management
- assistance with production of promotional materials
- Other events include internal departmental off-sites as well as ad hoc dinners, cocktail parties and in-house socials as well as the R3 London Christmas Party
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to apply project management principles and effectively manage and prioritise a varied workload
- Experience of delivering several projects simultaneously within an agreed timescale
- Strong attention to detail and ability to engage and deliver all elements of an event/project to the highest standard
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrable experience of building strong relationships with customers, suppliers, clients, internal stakeholders or supporters to achieve strategic goals
- Ability to ensure that the multiple colleagues and stakeholders involved in an event/project are kept informed and engaged in the development, delivery and review of an event
- Management Reporting and budget tracking on events/projects
- Supplier relationship management and contract negation
- Advanced Microsoft Office with exceptional PowerPoint skills
- Working knowledge of InDesign and Photoshop
- Working knowledge of Cvent events platform is an advantage
- Ability to work out of hours (some evenings and weekends) when required for events
- Must have significant Events and Administration experience
- Project Co-ordination/management experience essential
- Relevant administrative qualifications (Pitman’s Business etc)
- English, Communications or Journalism degree advantageous