The focus of the role shall be to build upon the procurement foundations that we have built at R3. The incumbent shall be responsible for creating operationally efficient procurement processes, to increase the management of and partnership with current and new vendors and create a comprehensive, clear and agile procurement plan that shall provide structure to the team, but flexible enough to support a growing business.
You will flourish in this role if you have experience in and end-to-end procurement role, able to use best practice ideas in conjunction with rolling your sleeves up to deliver on the operational requirements of the role.
Procurement is across multiple categories including IT, Digital, Operations, Services, Facilities and HR, so coming in with extensive and wide ranging procurement experience is essential. You will need to be able to demonstrate where you have implemented processes/procedures and prove the value it has delivered to previous organisations.
You will need to be able to operate as part of a wider team and be able to communicate effectively at all levels with an analytical mindset and should be used to working with excel and analytical tools, which should be used to influence both strategic direction and tactical delivery.
- Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Internal Relationship Management:
- Work with stakeholders challenging what has happened previously to build out our go forward strategy
- Coach and develop the team in all aspects of effective vendor management and relationship management
External Relationship Management:
- Promote Supplier Relationship Management and actively engage with key suppliers.
- Encourage a competitive and varied supply market by applying best practice tools and techniques in conjunction with Head of Business Resources
- Assist Negotiate new and existing contracts for best value for the business as well as drive and manage cost reduction initiatives.
Process Design and Delivery:
- Deliver continuous improvement of supplier performance (Cost, Deliver, Service and Quality).
- Manage tender processes for new contracts and contract renewals
- Management of formal RFP process’s.
- Run flexible commercial processes on a global scale and overseeing or supporting multiple concurrent corporate procurements – recognising that a one size fits all approach isn’t always the best way to get results.
- Manager supplier KPI’s, developing vendor score cards for effective decision making.
- Deliver and develop preparation of essential procurement reports and spend metrics for Head of Business Services
- Detailed analysis and benchmarking of relevant of industry rates pricing and suppliers
- Accountability for financial targets of cost and consolidation where appropriate.
- Required Skills:
- Significant experience in stakeholder engagement, communication and influencing skills
- Must have extensive IT/IS procurement experience
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Able to work and learn quickly in a fast paced, fun and dynamic environment
- Ability to forecast, develop and deliver appropriate procurement
- Knowledge of RFP creation, management and governance
- Used to operating in a procurement process, policy and procedure best practice environment to mould these workings to R3
- Strong numerical skill set; able to analyse and interpret wide spanning costs and budgets
- Excellent IT skills, in particular strong knowledge and experience with Excel
- Naturally inquisitive in order to challenge the status quo, desire to constantly improve proficiency and knowledge in new or unfamiliar areas
- This is a role where you have influence over processes and procedures so coming from a BAU environment would most likely not be suitable unless you can demonstrate the ability to innovate and challenge ways of working.