Sales Engineer is responsible for engaging with customers, partners and prospects to position our products in various markets and drive adoption. We provide technical expertise and domain knowledge throughout the sales process including presentations and demos, requirements gathering, business case analysis, RFP responses, solution proposals and high-level designs.
Responsibilities: As a Sales Engineer, you will:
- Provide direction and specialist knowledge in applying R3s products to client business domains
- Facilitation of customer product/application understanding through presentations, demonstrations and benchmarks
- Provision of support throughout the sell
- Provide support to adjacent functions such as Sales Development, Professional Services and Marketing
- You will need to possess a strong technical capability as well as the desire and character to engage prospective customers – prior DLT experience is not required though an understanding of the ecosystem will strengthen the candidates position
- 5 years + vendor (sales and marketing) experience
- Java or Kotlin programming experience – Corda is developed as a JVM application and requires familiarity with Java as a baseline
- Familiarity with financial services infrastructure, processes and systems
- Strong verbal and written communication skills: needs analysis, positioning, business justification, closing techniques
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex technical problems with accounts in complex technical environments
- Prior professional experience in IT Strategy, IT Business Management, Cloud & Infrastructure or Systems Engineering
- Experience working independently with minimal supervision and guidance
- Knowledge of EA principles and methodologies
- Ability to travel as needed
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science, programming, or a related field is the minimum requirement for this position – equivalent experience may be substituted
- Prior experience in a pre-sales position, likely with a leading software vendor
- Extensive experience of enterprise middleware, database and infrastructure related products
How We’re Handling Covid-19
We are extremely grateful to continue to grow as a company during these unprecedented times. Our #1 priority is the health, safety, and wellbeing of our current and future R3’ers. We want to share with you what we’re doing and what you can expect throughout our interview and on-boarding processes.
Since March, most R3’ers have been working remotely, although we have opened some key office locations global, with limited capacity for those that cannot work from home or need to come into the office.
As you go through the virtual interview process with us, please don’t worry if children or pets make a guest appearance. We understand these things happen- it’s real life after all! If we are fortunate enough to welcome you to the team, we’ll get a laptop couriered to you and get you set up virtually on your first day. We also provide you with a “Work From Home” allowance to enable you to purchase some equipment to be more comfortable and productive.
We Have And Will Continue To Take Steps To Ease Some Of The Burden For Our R3’ers
We understand that Work From Home (WFH) life can be challenging in many ways, so some of the additional support measures we have in place include;
- New Starter WFH allowance (as mentioned above) to get you setup to work productively at home
- Additional access to wellbeing resources (as well as the support provided as part of your Vitality Private Medical) including a year’s free subscription to the Headspace app and modules on our Lessonly training platform from MindGym (including Goal getting, Stress Busters and Virtual Work)
- We also have additional health and wellbeing resources available on our wiki pages when you join.