R3 is an enterprise blockchain software firm working with a broad ecosystem of more than 200 members and partners across multiple industries from both the private and public sectors to develop on Corda, our open-source blockchain platform, and Corda Enterprise, a commercial version for enterprise usage.
Our global team of over 250 professionals in 13 countries is supported by over 2,000 technology, financial, and legal experts drawn from our global member base.
Our Corda platform is already being used in industries from financial services to healthcare, shipping, insurance and more. It records, manages, executes institutions’ financial agreements in perfect synchrony with their peers, creating a world of frictionless commerce.
Sales Engineering is responsible for engaging with R3’s strategic partners, as well as our end users, to facilitate a favourable view of Corda with our prospective customers. The role is a well-rounded one to include: pre-sales presentations and demos with a technical specialist, requirement gathering, business cases, RFP responses, proposals, architectural design of solutions and support to the sales partner teams as required. This position is an individual contributor role, but with R3’s current growth trajectory, we anticipate broad opportunities to act as a technical resource for less experienced Sales Consultants.
- Provide direction and specialist knowledge in applying the technology/application to client business
- Facilitation of customer product/application understanding through presentations, demonstrations and benchmarks
- Provision of support throughout the sell
- Creation of presentations for general use in pre-sales activities as well as supporting the sales activities of our partner community of ISVs and SIs
- Develop and manage reference sites through high quality technical, professional client relationships
- Design, validate and present Corda software solutions to include advanced product concepts, future direction, and 3rd party complimentary products.
- Represent the customers requirements in R3’s product lines ensuring a product roadmap is driven from proven market demand
- You will need to possess a strong technical capability as well as the desire and character to engage prospective customers – prior DLT experience is not required though an understanding of the ecosystem will strengthen the candidates position
- 5 years + vendor (sales and marketing) experience
- Java or Kotlin programming experience – Corda is developed as a JVM application and requires familiarity with Java as a baseline
- Familiarity with financial services infrastructure, processes and systems
- Strong verbal and written communication skills: needs analysis, positioning, business justification, closing techniques
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex technical problems with accounts in complex technical environments
- Prior professional experience in IT Strategy, IT Business Management, Cloud & Infrastructure or Systems Engineering
- Experience working independently with minimal supervision and guidance
- Knowledge of EA principles and methodologies
- Ability to travel as needed