R3 is an enterprise software firm working with a network of over 300 financial institutions, regulators, trade associations, professional services firms, and technology companies to develop on Corda, its blockchain platform designed specifically for businesses. R3’s global team of over 250 professionals in 14 countries is supported by over 2,000 technology, financial, and legal experts drawn from its global member base. R3 is backed by investment of over USD 120 million from more than 45 firms.
Corda is the outcome of over two years of intense research and development by R3 and its members and meets the highest standards of the financial services industry yet is applicable to any commercial scenario. It records, manages, and executes institutions’ financial agreements in perfect synchrony with their peers, creating a world of frictionless commerce.
As a Strategy and Ops Associate, partner with the Head of APAC & the Industry Business Unit team on high-value projects and initiatives in support of the business objectives of the APAC region. Collaborate with APAC leadership team & the Industry Business Unit lead to put into action the company strategy. Manage and resolve the highest priority issues and risks. Additionally, provide support to global C-level executive team on high priority global initiatives occasionally.
- Scope, plan and execute multiple projects with minimal outside assistance
- Present ideas for projects that facilitate R3’s business objectives in APAC, and extend our market share in top priority industry verticals
- Work with appropriate stakeholders, including outside parties, to undertake analysis
- Present findings to APAC Leadership team, and R3’s global CEO & Executive staff, as appropriate
- Set into motion the execution of projects working collaboratively with the leadership team, leading the tracking, measurement and reporting of project progress and success
- Conduct market research for key industry verticals to identify market trends, competitive landscape, total addressable market, prospective customers, and revenue opportunities
- Craft customer proposals with the Industry Business Unit Lead, which may include defining new product opportunities or use cases, the benefits of Corda and path to commercialization
- Support the Industry Business Unit Lead in the creation of industry specific marketing materials to drive thought leadership, mindshare and generate new leads for key industry verticals
- Develop and maintain an inventory of critical path projects required for the success of the APAC region, with specific focus on top priority industry verticals
- Work with APAC Leadership team to align their actions and communications in support of agreed upon business goals
- Support the development of company annual plans, and quarterly / 90-day team plans
- 3-5 years’ experience in Asia Pacific countries
- Undergraduate degree from a top tier university.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience at a top-tier management consulting firm, investment bank, private equity / VC, or high-growth technology company.
- Prior experience in business development or product management roles is a big plus
- Project management & hands on execution experience. Able to break down abstract and complex problems, conduct analyses through desktop research and expert interviews, and synthesize insights
- Able to think and execute at a fast pace while maintaining strong attention to detail and high quality of work.
- Impeccable written and oral communication skills.
- MBA a plus