R3 is an enterprise blockchain software firm working with a broad ecosystem of more than 300 members and partners across multiple industries from both the private and public sectors to develop on Corda, our open-source blockchain platform, and Corda Enterprise, a commercial version for enterprise usage.
Our global team of over 200 professionals in 13 countries is supported by over 2,000 technology, financial, and legal experts drawn from our global member base.
The Corda platform is already being used in industries from financial services to healthcare, shipping, insurance and more. It records, manages, executes institutions’ financial agreements in perfect synchrony with their peers, creating a world of frictionless commerce.
- Excellent academic credentials
- Qualified to practice Singapore law and either UK (LLB) or US qualified (JD or LLM)
- 7-13 years of experience at a global law firm and in-house at a technology company
- Knowledge of various APAC legal systems
- Highly commercially minded
- Extensive experience drafting and negotiating license agreements, other technology agreements, service agreements, strategic alliance agreement
- Experience on advising on intellectual property and privacy and data security matters
- Ability to provide day-to-day advice on a wide range of other legal matter (including vendor agreements, regulatory matters, employment matters)
- Proven ability to collaborate closely with business owners, finance, engineering and procurement on client and vendor matters
- Knowledge of the blockchain space from a legal perspective a plus
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to consistently and positively contribute in a fast-paced, changing work environment
- Self-motivated, proven ability to take initiative as this will initially be the first attorney in the Singapore office (with ongoing management and support from the legal department in NY)
- Vibrant, centrally located offices (with snacks provided)
- Private Medical & Dental (location dependent)
- Retirement scheme & life insurance
- Enhanced parental leave & family friendly policies
- Competitive vacation allowance
- Working from home & flexible working (as needed and agreed)
- A competitive salary that reflects your experience and merit
- Discretionary Equity Based Incentive Plan
- Discretionary bonus (or commission based incentive plan)
- Employee Referral Program
Our values are our DNA. They define what we stand for and guide how we work together internally and with our customers, partners, and shareholders.
The success of our customers is paramount. We build strong relationships and strive to create the best possible experience for them.
We bring together all parts of the ecosystem and give our customers the tools and environment to work together to change their industries.
We have the agility of a small company, but the confidence and ambition of the industry-defining titan we aspire to become.
We demand excellence and take pride in our products and services.