Marketing operations spans four key pillars:
1). martech stack ownership
2). marketing campaign execution/measurement/optimization
3). creating a data-driven marketing organization/culture of accountability
4). marketing enablement
Our marketing strategy is digital-first and everything we do is highly measurable.
We are looking for a Senior Marketing Operations Manager who lives and breathes operations, metrics, martech stack tools (the ones we use), and analytics.
You will be our resident campaign data scientist. This role is responsible for building processes on the marketing team for capturing and presenting data and championing a data-driven culture of accountability. Primary roles include targeting, measuring, reporting and depicting/visualizing performance of all marketing campaigns and channels against success metrics and goals (ROI and KPIs).
This role must be proficient in Salesforce, Pardot, Google Analytics, 6sense (nice to have), Sprout Social, ZoomInfo, WordPress, and have ninja level Excel skills. You will assist Field Marketers in making data-driven decisions leveraging reporting and analytics; segmenting customer database and developing a comprehensive view of key buying personas.
The other aspect of this role is marketing enablement. This role coordinates numerous responsibilities, including strategic planning, budgeting, vendor management, developing and improving the overall marketing process, selecting and implementing marketing technologies, and providing professional development for the marketing team. Marketing ops focuses on behind-the-scenes activities to ensure processes are running smoothly and campaigns reach their goals.
This is a unique opportunity to work closely with a cross-section of functions in Marketing—Corporate, Product, and Field Marketing—who will rely on you for data and analysis from the channels they use— social media, website, landing pages, email performance metrics, SEO/PPC—to glean insights, identify trends and optimize spend and performance.
- ‘Go to’ on the team for campaign data and reports—both campaign-level and by channel/tactic to help them target, interpret findings, measure impact and understand the numbers behind their marketing plans
- Defines lead lifecycle and system operational workflows (Pardot + Salesforce). He /she is also responsible for integration of all third-party systems into Salesforce which is our golden source of record
- Sets up processes to achieve measurable results through all marketing programs and channels.
- Responsible for month-end, quarter-end and year-end reports/KPIs which will be used to drive the global marketing strategy
- Develops reports, dashboards and process for measurement of campaigns, leveraging SEO/SEM, email, display advertising, website traffic, organic and paid social media, and more
- Develops target account penetration and marketing attribution opportunity pipeline reports and dashboards, lead pipeline reports and marketing campaign impact reports, and more
- Assists with target audience marketing distribution list building from key accounts and beyond, executing and measuring experiments and conversion tests
- Utilizes strong analytical ability and tools to evaluate end-to-end-customer experience across multiple channels and customer touch points
- Evaluates emerging technologies and provide thought leadership and perspective for adoption of new tech tools where appropriate
- Champion lead scoring model and web-to-lead qualification journey. Work with marketing, salesforce administration and sales colleagues, support sales alignment with reporting and best practice recommendation
- Serves as a primary intermediary between Marketing, Salesforce administration and RevOps
- Oversees administration of the marketing components (i.e. the marketing campaign and lead module) of the firm’s customer relationship management tool, Salesforce, including development of standardized procedures, quality control, and management reports
- Manages the leads side of Salesforce including development of a list quality control program to support marketing programs and segmentation tracking. Lead research efforts with regards to list research and procurement
- Develops and delivers ongoing trainings to staff using salesforce, develop and deliver training materials, perform regular database maintenance to ensure data flowing into and out of ABM platform is accurate
- Monitors the performance of the ABM (MQAs-marketing qualified accounts) and demand generation funnel (MQLs-marketing qualified leads), plan versus actual and against industry benchmarks
- Owns end-to-end funnel, including implementation, lead flow distribution, lead follow up processes, documentation, and adoption of best practices.
- Support launch of all digital marketing campaigns by providing strategic input for data, reporting, and deployment best practices
- Own the software vendor management process including system renewals, procuring new tools and liaising with Legal, IT, SecOps for MarTech Stack
- Oversee budget and forecast processing for Marketing department while working closely with Corporate, Field and Product marketing to track all marketing spends for Finance reconciliation
- Maintain project management tool (Trello) and processes for each marketing function
- Experience in a marketing operations or automation role
- Technology-savvy, with keen interest in emerging technologies and ‘all things digital’, including marketing automation, account-based marketing and lead management strategies (lead scoring, lead nurturing, etc.), CRM systems and sales processes
- Pardot Marketing Automation Tool experience a must; Salesforce a must; other MATs a big plus
- Have expertise in building marketing automation programs, collaborating with senior leaders across sales and marketing, internal program stakeholders and agency/third party partners.
- ABM experience and 6sense a plus
- Solid knowledge of website analytics tools (e.g., Google Analytics, UTM Parameters, Google Data Studio)
- Excellent grasp of website analytics, metrics, social media, display advertising, SEO/SEM and more
- Experience with budget management, vendor management and strategic planning
- Experience in setting up and optimizing Google Adwords campaigns; working knowledge of ad serving tools
- Strong analytical skills/mind, strong attention to detail and data-driven thinking
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in digital marketing and measurement
- Fantastic time-management skills with the ability to multi-task
- Microsoft Excel guru
All R3 employees in the USA must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and submit proof of vaccination prior to their start date, except where exempted by applicable law.
At R3, we encourage a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you don’t meet all of the above criteria, but you think you’d be a great addition to R3, send us your CV. We’re always interested in meeting collaborative people who are excited to work with us.