Conclave is a toolkit for building enclaves, small pieces of software that are protected from attack by the owner of the computer on which they run. It is ideally suited to solving multi-party collaboration and privacy problems but can also be used to secure infrastructure against attack.
Conclave’s mission is to make it ridiculously easy for all developers to write enclaves: the product differentiates itself on developer experience and the ability of our customers to write applications in high-level languages without having to understand the details of the underlying hardware trusted execution environments. And to achieve this vision we need software engineers who can develop deep skills in technologies such as Intel SGX, who can design beautiful APIs that abstract the complexity and who can help us drive the product forward with ideas of their own. You don’t already need to have these skills, however: our primary requirement is that you have a passion for programming and can put yourself in the shoes of our primary customers: other developers.
- Working to deliver a new Intel SGX-based product using your coding expertise. Our primary languages are C++, Kotlin and Java, so we’re looking for people with experience in one or more of these or similar languages.
- Act as a senior individual contributor and/or manage a team of engineers, balancing hands-on work as an SME with managerial duties.
- Define and plan a strategic roadmap for the team, influence the wider product design.
- Be accountable for decisions that impact not just the team but our internal and external customers.
- Identify challenges before they become issues.
- Define and evangelise standards and good practices.
- Mentor more junior developers to become industry-leading engineers.
- Code review peers both within your team and in the wider organisation.
- Champion engineering excellence.
- Use your insight into the product’s design to inform and influence product direction
- Act as a trusted advisor about the product to the broader organisation, including our sales and solutions engineering colleagues.
- Proven track record delivering software in an enterprise environment.
- Ability to recognise good practice and have an excellent understanding of the subject matter, including recognising industry standards and trends.
- Good communication skills and ability to present to, and engage with, all stakeholders, including senior management.
- 8+ years experience in an enterprise-level environment, including some team management experience.
- 5+ years experience working with at least one OO language in a commercial environment.
At R3, we encourage a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you don’t meet all of the above criteria, but you think you’d be a great addition to R3, send us your CV. We’re always interested in meeting collaborative people who are excited to work with us.