Professional Services team
R3’s Professional Services team works to bring Corda specialist expertise to our customers to make their adoption successful. We engage directly with our customers to design, build, deploy and advise them on their Corda journey to ensure long-term capabilities are sustained. Through a mix of business consulting, technical solutions and implementation, we help customers achieve their goals in the most effective way for their business.
Our customer-centric and innovative approach to providing services and solutions in the industry allows us to strategically assess our customer’s needs and ensure they are set-up for success from the beginning of their journey. In addition to working directly with our customers, we strive to ensure that we are collaborating internally with our Sales, Engineering and Product organisations to provide better tooling, services and products based on our customers evolving needs.
Please see here for more information the PS team https://www.r3.com/professional-services/
We are looking for a talented customer-facing Senior Solutions Engineer with strong dev-ops who is passionate about building and designing applications on blockchain/distributed ledger technology.
As a Senior Solutions Engineer, you will be part of the professional services team, your mission is to help our customers solve complex groundbreaking problems using R3’s blockchain/distributed ledger platform Corda Enterprise and confidential computing offering, Conclave. You will leverage your technical expertise to help our customers create scalable solutions using the latest capabilities of Corda and Conclave. Please note this role is a combination of hands-on and an advisory role depending on the client. Would suit someone who has been doing a development role but is looking for a challenge including design, architecture and infrastructure.
- The ultimate responsibility is to help R3 customers succeed in implementing any R3 product, either Corda or Conclave, the first foundation block starts with the ability to build strong customer relationships.
- Facilitate architectural and design workshops with customers to understand their distributed ledger use-case.
- Based on these workshops, design customer solutions, map customer requirements to R3 product features, understand gaps, create target architecture and design documents to enable the build phase.
- Lead development of solutions with inhouse or customer development teams using Java/Kotlin and R3 incumbent technologies leveraging Agile or Waterfall methodologies whilst promoting good software development practices.
- Provide Infrastructure blueprints leveraging containers and Kubernetes for deployment on common clouds offerings such as Azure, AWS or GCW to help provision with Terraform and Ansible.
- Facilitate customer training workshops customising content to fit customer needs to educate our customers on R3 product base.
- Provide new insights to various business applications, working with the relevant design teams within R3 to ensure these are reflected in our product documentation.
- Identify opportunities to expand customer relationship and associated opportunities for services.
- Participate in internal/external events to help promote R3 DLT presence.
- Provide visibility into project requirements to assist R3 product development teams further enhance R3’s platform/product capabilities.
- Help customers with their go-live activities, advising on all matters related to security, infosec and GIS, helping with non-functional requirements, such as performance testing and disaster recovery.
Key Skills Required for the Role:
- Previous experience in working in customer-facing roles.
- Understand how to convert business requirements into solution designs, demonstrating good judgement, and a pragmatic approach that combines business constraints and engineering realities.
- You must demonstrate high levels of proficiency in software development tasks, ideally in Kotlin, Java, or other JVM-based languages.
- Understanding of, Linux, Containers, Kubernetes and CI/CD for Jenkins is required for this role, a true dev-ops engineer who understands the concept of ‘you build it you run it’, someone with a passion for dev-ops.
- Worked on the full project life cycle of projects, design, development and testing.
- A polyglot programmer who has an amplitude to pick up other languages other than Java/Kotlin.
- Good stakeholder management skills to navigate uncertainty and risks appropriately and ability to escalate when required.
- The ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical audiences with good presentation skills with natural flair confidence with customers.
- An entrepreneurial and analytical mindset that enables you to contribute to wider team innovation and improvement projects.
- Have a good sense of urgency and know-how to prioritize.
- Willingness to juggle multiple customers and opportunities.
- Experience in Trade Finance or Capital Markets.
- Experience in the payments space.
- Previous development of blockchain or distributed ledger technologies and an understanding of distributed architecture.
Should I apply:
- Be able to work successfully in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, be comfortable with some ambiguity, and be willing to work beyond the strict wording of the job description in order to achieve the firm’s objectives.
- Ideally have experience with enterprise integration, preferably within financial institutions.
- Preferred knowledge of front-to-back systems in banking, service-based architecture, enterprise application architecture and integration.
How We’re Handling Covid-19
We are extremely grateful to continue to grow as a company during these unprecedented times. Our #1 priority is the health, safety, and wellbeing of our current and future R3’ers. We want to share with you what we’re doing and what you can expect throughout our interview and on-boarding processes.
Since March, most R3’ers have been working remotely, although we have opened some key office locations global, with limited capacity for those that cannot work from home or need to come into the office.
As you go through the virtual interview process with us, please don’t worry if children or pets make a guest appearance. We understand these things happen- it’s real life after all! If we are fortunate enough to welcome you to the team, we’ll get a laptop couriered to you and get you set up virtually on your first day. We also provide you with a “Work From Home” allowance to enable you to purchase some equipment to be more comfortable and productive.
We Have And Will Continue To Take Steps To Ease Some Of The Burden For Our R3’ers
We understand that Work From Home (WFH) life can be challenging in many ways, so some of the additional support measures we have in place include;
- New Starter WFH allowance (as mentioned above) to get you setup to work productively at home
- Additional access to wellbeing resources (as well as the support provided as part of your Vitality Private Medical) including a year’s free subscription to the Headspace app and modules on our Lessonly training platform from MindGym (including Goal getting, Stress Busters and Virtual Work)
- We also have additional health and wellbeing resources available on our wiki pages when you join.
R3 may process the personal data collected or identified as being imported in accordance with R3’s Recruitment Privacy. Read the policy here. In particular, R3 will use the personal data provided for the purposes of processing your application for the role you have applied for, to assess your suitability for the role as well as to enter into a contract with you if you are successfully brought onto the R3 team.