At R3 you will be at the cutting edge of distributed ledger technology (DLT).
Corda is a DLT designed for running complex workflows between businesses, without any centralized points of control. You will work on a system trusted by banks, insurance companies, stock exchanges, payments companies, and others – highly demanding industries with the interesting technical challenges that come with them.
You will join the High Availability (HA) team to build the Corda of the future – a distributed ledger with huge reliability and uptime guarantees for the most demanding of R3 customers.
As part of the HA team, you will:
- Work with industry-leading technologies to build out a new version of Corda
- Use Kafka to build a highly available, system from the ground up.
- Develop and maintain the services that make the Corda node – the flow engine, the persistence service, and the certificate management service, and more.
- Design and implement features with consideration of the availability requirements of the system.
No team is an island – you will work with many others across the company, to help ensure we build the best possible products. You will have the opportunity to showcase your work and help influence your colleagues’ thinking.
- You are a highly motivated, self-sufficient software engineer with strong design skills. You have a strong grasp of computer science fundamentals, either through formal study or via some other route. You are curious and quick to learn about new technologies, and keen to build on your skills by learning on the job. You have an interest in distributed systems generally, and DLT more specifically.
- You may have some experience working with highly available systems and Kafka before, but even if not, you are excited to learn more and develop in this space.
- Similarly, you may have worked with JVM languages and/or Kotlin before, but even if not, it is more important that you are flexible in working with unfamiliar languages.
- We believe that quality, security, developer experience, and operational experience are everyone’s responsibility, so you will be driven by a passion for ensure excellence in all of these.
At R3, we encourage a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you don’t meet all of the above criteria, but you think you’d be a great addition to R3, send us your CV. We’re always interested in meeting collaborative people who are excited to work with us.