R3 is an enterprise blockchain software firm working with a broad ecosystem of more than 300 members and partners across multiple industries from both the private and public sectors to develop on Corda, our open-source blockchain platform, and Corda Enterprise, a commercial version for enterprise usage.
Our global team of over 190 professionals in 13 countries is supported by over 2,000 technology, financial, and legal experts drawn from our global member base.
Our Corda platform is already being used in industries from financial services to healthcare, shipping, insurance and more. It records, manages, executes institutions’ financial agreements in perfect synchrony with their peers, creating a world of frictionless commerce.
Joining our Engineering team, who are responsible for the development, test and release of Corda for the summer, the Software Engineer intern will witness and contribute first-hand to the use of cutting-edge technology to solve real world challenges.
R3 made Corda available to the open source development community in Nov 2016, and an enterprise-grade offering was made available in Q3 2018. See corda.net for more information about the platform.
- Participate in building tools to streamline processes for the R3 engineering teams
- Participate in validating the developer documentation and ‘developer experience’ for Corda by executing steps and concepts defined therein. Provide constructive feedback to developers to help maintain a high level of quality
- Assist in creating, building and executing test scenarios for Corda under the guidance of Corda test engineers
- Develop and submit bug fixes to Corda open source
- Deliver ad hoc work for the Corporate PMO team, this may include identifying and proposing delivery framework improvements, updating regular reports on engineering progress, and supporting project activities
Education & Experience
- Computer Science / Mathematics / Engineering student, proficient in Java or Kotlin
- Flexible with the ability to work independently in addition to working productively alongside software engineers and project managers in the team
- Interest in blockchain technology and the financial industry
- Strong organisational and interpersonal skills and ability to successfully manage tasks as well as excellent verbal, written and oral communication skills
- Proactive, conscientious, self-motivated and goal oriented with excellent attention to detail
- Previous intern experience is a plus but not essential
- Please note the start date for this position is Monday 22nd June (subject to change) and our internship program lasts for 12 weeks; at present we can only consider applicants that commit to these time frames.
- Moreover, we cannot provide sponsorship for this position so in order to be considered, candidates will need to have the right to work in the UK