The Managed Services group at R3 are looking for a skilled and talented back-end software engineer, preferably with operational/DevOps experience, to help deliver advanced capability to deploy and manage R3’s chief technology: Corda. The idea is to allow customers to sign up, and with a few clicks, deploy fully functional Corda nodes that they won’t have to manage themselves.
For this position, you would be joining the Managed Services back-end squad with other software engineers, DevOps engineers, and QA specialists. We are currently underway on developing a cloud-based portal platform that will enable customers to deploy Corda nodes, as well as setting up the infrastructure and automation tooling to host and support that portal and the running of those nodes.
If you have experience developing enterprise Spring Boot application, microservices, and have hands-on experience working with Kubernetes, CI/CD tooling, and major cloud platforms like Azure, AWS, and GCP, we’d love to hear from you.
- Depth of Expertise:Typically, 5+ years’ experience delivering in an enterprise-level environment.
- Innovation & Improvement: Able to understand “the big picture” for a given project, and to contribute to, or direct, designs of needed infrastructure and tooling.
- Level of Interaction: Communicate effectively with other squad members like engineers and product managers, as well as members of other Managed Services squads.
- Ownership & Responsibility: Able to work with little direction — you can understand the general vison, can take the reins, make things happen, and own your role within the squad.
- Coaching & Talent Management: Mentor other less experienced squad-mates. Buddying and technical interviewing.
- Day to day activities include:
- Directly contribute to the design and implementation of our deployment pipelines.
- Take ownership of work and make decisions with the input of other squad members, such as the squad lead or software engineers.
- Able to work with product managers to deliver larger features without guidance supervision.
- Take direction from the squad lead, and possibly from engineering management.
- Raise standards for, and continuously improve, our software and projects.
- Work as a member of the back-end squad in the Managed Services group to support build tooling and continuous delivery.
- Champion engineering excellence.
- Liaise with the R3 support team to troubleshoot and address customer issues.
- Have an intermediate or growing understanding of the business and their needs.
Education and Experience:
- Understanding of computer science and engineering principles, obtained through a combination academic study and professional experience.
- Experience developing software using Kotlin or Java EE.
- Experience developing Spring Boot applications and microservices.
- Experience with RESTful API design.
- Experience delivering end-to-end platforms and services.
- Understanding of software build practices, continuous integration, and delivery.
- Experience with layer 3, 4, and 7 networking principles.
- Fundamental understanding of HTTP, TLS/SSL.
- Proven problem-solving skills and ability to work under pressure, and on short deadlines.
- Experience with Kubernetes and developing software for it.
- General database experience (writing SQL — MSSQL and/or Postgres).
- Previous blockchain experience.
- Experience with Azure and AWS.
- Have worked hands-on with some of the following technologies, understand their function, and can plan/design with them in mind.
- Service meshes, like Istio
- CI/CD tooling, like Jenkins and ArgoCD
- Prometheus & Grafana
- Cloud platforms like Azure, and Amazon Web Services (and running K8s on either)
How We’re Handling Covid-19
We are extremely grateful to continue to grow as a company during these unprecedented times. Our #1 priority is the health, safety, and wellbeing of our current and future R3’ers. We want to share with you what we’re doing and what you can expect throughout our interview and on-boarding processes.
Since March, most R3’ers have been working remotely, although we have opened some key office locations global, with limited capacity for those that cannot work from home or need to come into the office.
As you go through the virtual interview process with us, please don’t worry if children or pets make a guest appearance. We understand these things happen- it’s real life after all! If we are fortunate enough to welcome you to the team, we’ll get a laptop couriered to you and get you set up virtually on your first day. We also provide you with a “Work From Home” allowance to enable you to purchase some equipment to be more comfortable and productive.
We Have And Will Continue To Take Steps To Ease Some Of The Burden For Our R3’ers
We understand that Work From Home (WFH) life can be challenging in many ways, so some of the additional support measures we have in place include;
- New Starter WFH allowance (as mentioned above) to get you setup to work productively at home
- Additional access to wellbeing resources (as well as the support provided as part of your Vitality Private Medical) including a year’s free subscription to the Headspace app and modules on our Lessonly training platform from MindGym (including Goal getting, Stress Busters and Virtual Work)
- We also have additional health and wellbeing resources available on our wiki pages when you join.
R3 may process the personal data collected or identified as being imported in accordance with R3’s Recruitment Privacy. Read the policy here. In particular, R3 will use the personal data provided for the purposes of processing your application for the role you have applied for, to assess your suitability for the role as well as to enter into a contract with you if you are successfully brought onto the R3 team.