The successful candidate will work as part of the Notaries team, which develops and maintains one of the critical components of R3’s distributed ledger technology.
The team operates as a self-sufficient squad, and is responsible for ensuring that the Notary service is able to guarantee transaction uniqueness in a performant and cost effective manner, in addition to making enhancements to the software to deliver new capabilities.
- Work as a member of a team within the larger engineering group to deliver high quality and well tested code
- Realization and delivery of technical designs to meet release deadlines
- Code review peer and open-source contributions to the codebase
- Contribute to the technical enablement of R3’s field teams
- Liaise with the R3 Support team to troubleshoot and address customer issues
- May be responsible for small project or workstream
- May help track progress of shared assignments using their intermediate
- understanding of their domain to execute their work
- Have an intermediate or growing understanding of the business and their needs
- The nature of the work is transactional with an intermediate understanding of client needs
- Able to work with product managers to deliver larger features without guidance supervision
- Able to take a feature from design to delivery with guidance and input from more senior engineers
- Strong understanding of computer science and engineering principles
- Experience delivering end-to-end platforms and services
- Familiarity of multiple layers of the infrastructure and application stack from systems
- OS development through networking, middleware, and application logic
- Proven problem-solving skills and ability to work under pressure
- Practical experience with the following technologies would be beneficial: Docker, Kubernetes, Cloud Infrastructure platforms and tools such as AWS, Azure, Terraform, SQL Database technologies (Postgres, Oracle etc.)
At R3, we encourage a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you don’t meet all of the above criteria, but you think you’d be a great addition to R3, send us your CV. We’re always interested in meeting collaborative people who are excited to work with us.