We are looking for a software engineer to join a team formed to develop a new distributed application based on the Corda distributed ledger platform. The role will focus on building smart contracts, implementing business logic as flows between independent Corda nodes and building APIs for integration with customer systems.
This role exists within R3’s Engineering division, which provides technical product development for our blockchain platform, Corda, along with supporting services as well as products built on Corda.
- Work closely with other engineers to implement features, bug fixes and automated tests to a high standard.
- Support others in the squad in completing related tasks, such as providing test scenarios for QA, assist technical writers in understanding the delivered product.
- Demonstrate your work to your peers and provide feedback on their work.
- Provide input to the design process for the application.
- Showcase a fundamental understanding of the business and each Division’s aims and objectives.
- Apply fundamental skills and judgment to complete assigned tasks.
- Follow a designed feature through to delivery with guidance and input from more senior engineers and Product, but contributing positively to test coverage.
Education and experience
- Good understanding of computer science and engineering principles, obtained through a combination of academic study and professional experience.
- Typically, a years’ experience in a commercial environment.
- Awareness of multiple layers of the infrastructure and application stack from systems / OS development through networking, middleware, and application logic.
- Problem-solving skills and ability to work under pressure.
At R3, we encourage a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you don’t meet all of the above criteria, but you think you’d be a great addition to R3, send us your CV. We’re always interested in meeting collaborative people who are excited to work with us.